Team for Boro:

I’d go with Thornily over Loovrens. 

Think Jos likes two up top but it’s tough to choose. Atti & Matti were fantastic last night but thought Joao was equally impressive V Cardiff. 

Be suprised if Clare starts.  Jones, New lad and Reach in midfield. Two holding with Reach more forward. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
22 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This is actually a hard one... do we go for it with a front 3 or pick Dave or Matias to Partner Joao?

Does Thornley get back in ? Will Clare get a start in CM.

Get yours in....

Suspect Rhodes will partner João though you couldn't really argue if Jos kept last night's pairing. Think Loovens will keep his place and maybe Jones will be back in place of Pelupessy.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Wildsmith

Venancio

Loovens

Pudil

Palmer

Joey

Jones

Fox

Reach

Nuhiu

Matias

Bench;

Dawson

Hunt

Thorniley

Boyd

Wallace

Joao

Rhodes

Jos will have some problems selecting the 18 when everyone is fit. That’s why, I wouldn’t bring anyone else in during the window. Give him time to assess the whole squad, decide who to release who are out of contract and let him have a good go in the summer transfer market.

Wildsmith          

Lees, Fred, Pudil

Palmer                               Fox

Wallace ,Joey, Reach

Matias , Rhodes

wildsmith

venancio  loovens pudil

palmer                                    fox

jones    reach

wallace

joao    rhodes

Think it will largely be as expected players like wallace and jones have done well under jos and were rested last night, its probably better to ease pelupessy in over a few games making him earn his place will be better otherwise you can end up with a situation like van aken where they maybe need dropping if they dont impress immediately and its not great for his or the more experienced players morale.  Expect him to stick with loovens but couldnt complain given his recent performances if thorniley comes back in.

Joao and rhodes is a close one but they did OK together against cardiff and will be fresher having been rested. Rhodes must be in last chance saloon now with the form of nuhiu and matias but a game against his old club is probably the wrong time to drop him. Nuhiu and matias are both great options from the bench as well whereas rhodes never really makes an impression when coming on as sub.

Wildsmith          

Fred loovy Pudil

hunt              jones             Fox

Boyd                 Reach

Matias 

nuhiu

Matias offers the pace, movement & creativity, nuhiu holds it & is only player converting chances at minute, they seem to work together.

3 of Joao for loovy, joey for jones, rhodes for nuhiu or wallace for matias poss subs

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Wildsmith

Venancio

Loovens

Pudil

Palmer

Joey

Jones

Fox

Reach

Nuhiu

Matias

Bench;

Dawson

Hunt

Thorniley

Boyd

Wallace

Joao

Rhodes

Jos will have some problems selecting the 18 when everyone is fit. That’s why, I wouldn’t bring anyone else in during the window. Give him time to assess the whole squad, decide who to release who are out of contract and let him have a good go in the summer transfer market.

Even with everyone fit I still think the priority is LWB. I’d be surprised if we didn’t address this area in this window. To get the best out of this system we may need better at RWB but I’d give Palmer and Hunt a fair crack at it until the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I think he will go with that. Find it hard to drop one of the front 3 myself especially with Boro hating Nuhiu.

ill go with 

Wildsmith

Venancio Pudil Thornley

Palmer Pelupessy Jones Fox 

Reach

Joao Matias

Looks pretty god, both Matias and Joao are quite fast

8 minutes ago, Walt said:

Even with everyone fit I still think the priority is LWB. I’d be surprised if we didn’t address this area in this window. To get the best out of this system we may need better at RWB but I’d give Palmer and Hunt a fair crack at it until the end of the season. 

Once we get some central midfielders back, I see Reach playing left wing back assuming we continue with this formation.  I think he is tailor made to play this role - he will run all day up and down that flank.

Fox isn’t a left wing back. I think he is trying his best at the moment but I don’t think he’s good enough for us where we want to be.