Matias

He was like a little wasp buzzing about, and most importantly tried to hurt them by being direct. Also looks like he has gained a yard or so of pace. How the hell could Carlos not give him a chance if he is capable of such a positive showing? Going on that display he offers something different to every other striker we've got with the possible exception of FF. The one thing I would say though (and it needs to be taken into consideration when judging players) is that Reading were an absolute shambles at the back. I'm struggling to think of a more naive back line, especially when considering who there manager is. 

26 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

At last he is allowed to play where he is most effective!

we know he is a quality player, just not had chance to show it.

Same can be said for numerous others who have come and gone in the last year or so 

Exactly right. We finally have a manager who knows how to use our players strengths.

One of the best CF displays I've seen us have in a long time. Him and Adthe to keep their place now!

Best player performance of the season. Balls over the top and turning their defence.....my god, how long is it since we’ve seen a Wednesday side do that?!

A Fully committed Dave is great to watch winning headers and Marius was getting close enough to work off him, unlike most partnerships we try.

Something to cheer me up anyway!

3 minutes ago, Stan Dupowls said:

Best player performance of the season. Balls over the top and turning their defence.....my god, how long is it since we’ve seen a Wednesday side do that?!

A Fully committed Dave is great to watch winning headers and Marius was getting close enough to work off him, unlike most partnerships we try.

Something to cheer me up anyway!

Yep. Hopefully the days of 2 static plodders up front, are over. 

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He’s got his mindset right in terms of the physical nature and aggression of the league. But the real difference is letting him play through the middle, he isn’t comfortable or effective as a traditional winger.

Agreed, especially not in a 4-4-2 (he played left of 4-3-3 in Portugal I believe).

Looking forward to watching that display back again, can't remember last time I've wanted to watch a replay! Standing ovation from everyone tonight showed what we all thought.

Just now, swfc-dan said:

Agreed, especially not in a 4-4-2 (he played left of 4-3-3 in Portugal I believe).

Looking forward to watching that display back again, can't remember last time I've wanted to watch a replay! Standing ovation from everyone tonight showed what we all thought.

I think at nacional he did a bit of both, some of his goals he looks quite central. On his debut here he looked dangerous on the left of a 4 3 3, But 442 Killed him 

He was never really a winger to begin with.  

When we bought him, he had one of the best goal ratios in Europe at the time.  

We buy him then shove him out wide in a 442.  He never really got going for us in that set up.  

Under Jos, he has clearly recognised that Marco is more of a forward and needs to play further up the pitch.  And he sure did that to lethal effect.

Seems like we have a whole new player.  

Baffling that he hasn't been playing this season, he's been fit but consistently ignored.

Gives us something we desperately need, unlike the snail pace we play at with the likes of Wallace,  he actually frightens the opposition, does the odd daft thing but he can beat his man on either side, make chances and with a run of games he'll probably score a few aswell.

Got to use him more often.