Matias

At the risk of overly-complementing strikers that don't score goals (as last game I was full of positives for Joao), but I think that's one of the best performances I've ever seen from an attacking player where they haven't been able to score. Seriously he was everywhere, he worked hard, he created chances and he so so so deserved a goal today. Looked a class above at times.

And did anyone see the way he celebrated his assist to Nuhiu? Literally dropped to his knees and started fist pumping the air and screaming like he'd just scored a pen in the cup final itself. 

I've long knocked him for being constantly unfit and that such a long spell out of the limelight would be hard to get over psychologically. It just seems that all it's done is make him want it more. Legitimately excited to see what he can do moving forward. A side with him, FF and Reach all supporting an attack would be a very exciting prospect. 

14 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Thought he was absolutely class tonight, if Atty hadn't done his best impression of Lukaku for the evening, then he'd easily be my MOTM.

How Carlos thought he was so far away from the matchday squad is beyond me.

Absolutely mind-boggling isn't it. Fair enough he's lacking match-sharpness, but we were given the impression from team selection that he was either chronically unfit or just lost any ability he had. 

He's arguably been one of our best players since Jos has took over and he looked by far and away the most dangerous attacking player we have tonight. It wasn't a perfect performance, but it was so far removed from the tedium and predictable one-paced play we're used to that it was like a breath of fresh air

Edited by StudentOwl