SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - V - READING - FA CUP - OMDT

5 hours ago, Davidioso said:

Living in London, I get a lot of comments from Charlton fans (one of which came with me to Cardiff playoff final)

They are still scratching their heads at Fox and Meire. They think it's beyond parody

Fox was a target for the boo boys, and they say Miere knows sweet fa about anything related to football.

I went to a couple of Charlton games last year and the contempt shown to Meire was another level.

Just passing on their "good wishes". Really hope they are wrong.

She doesn't need to know anything about football. CEOs often don't know anything about the industry they are in, they know business, finance and strategy. It's not unusual for say a top man in a bank to be headhunted as CEO for a manufacturer or a retail executive to be made CEO of a hotel chain.. It seems strange to us mortals but I suppose they have all the people with technical knowledge in a company already, no need tor more you just need someone to control the direction of the company.

I'm happy to give her a chance to show what she can bring to the club, so far I'm reasonably content.

Evening all,

Happy with the lineup tonight.  Great to see Joey making a full debut.  Reckon we will win this 3-1.  Matias causing them all the problems.  

Should be an interesting night for sure.  

LETS DO THIS!!

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

7 minutes ago, prowl said:

She doesn't need to know anything about football. CEOs often don't know anything about the industry they are in, they know business, finance and strategy. It's not unusual for say a top man in a bank to be headhunted as CEO for a manufacturer or a retail executive to be made CEO of a hotel chain.. It seems strange to us mortals but I suppose they have all the people with technical knowledge in a company already, no need tor more you just need someone to control the direction of the company.

I'm happy to give her a chance to show what she can bring to the club, so far I'm reasonably content.

Most CEO's do understand the industry.