SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - V - READING - FA CUP - OMDT

2 minutes ago, ashamanic said:

Great result. Only Reading, who have been terrible recently, but we could say that about Burton and that game didn't go nearly so well.

Jos does seem to be getting decent performances out of players who for whatever reason, had looked like they either didn't care,or were not even good enough for a league 2 team. Hopefully when he has more players back, he won't just stick them in because he feels they need to be in the team, but will take account of form and the balance/shape of the team

He's had no choice but to look at his options and it's a blessing in a way that 3 of the 5 games since he signed have been cup ties.

The priority has to be the league and getting us ready for next season but he looks like he's going to give as many as possible a chance to make an impression.

Better in a way than a manager who will think he knows all of the players already and be seduced by our bigger names.

I've got a good feeling about Jos.

8 minutes ago, ashamanic said:

Great result. Only Reading, who have been terrible recently, but we could say that about Burton and that game didn't go nearly so well.

Jos does seem to be getting decent performances out of players who for whatever reason, had looked like they either didn't care,or were not even good enough for a league 2 team. Hopefully when he has more players back, he won't just stick them in because he feels they need to be in the team, but will take account of form and the balance/shape of the team

wins a win builds momentum keep it going onward and upward

Guest Copthorneowl

Great end result superb performances from Pudil, Nuhiu, Matias and others but I wonder how many like me were wondering  wtf we were doing for the first 30 mins up to the goal. 

Thought we made them look like Real Madrid early on then unbelievable Geoff they couldn’t hit the floor with their cap and thanks to Dave we looked like we’d score every time we went up the pitch...highlight for me when there bloke caught the ball before it went out. Well done lads great turn round.

Edited by Copthorneowl

Don't know if anybody mentioned this but we'v only played Reading 3 times in the cup.

We lost in 1929 but beating them the next time we played started a bit of a cup run for us - in 1966.

We had just changed our kit from stripes to this horrible looking kit that season, too. 

Oh, boy - the witches will be out on The Moor(s) this evening, cackling over a cauldron full of nasty stuff and predicting the future mendaciously.

(I hope!):laugh: