SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - V - READING - FA CUP - OMDT

Good OMDT Snoots. Appreciate the efforts always. Interesting line up you've suggested. A tasty front four should Boyd and Reach play a high line in the midfield five. Would leave our Joey some graft to do.

Hope we see him get a run out tonight. A cup tie but would be an excellent opportunity to see him against a Championship midfield.

Grab 'em by the Joeys, Joey.

We are going to absolutely smash them tonight. The interplanetary alignments all signal this.

The Wednesday 5 - 0 Royals

UTO.

Loved that @Lord Snooty very honest yet funny appraisal of our current situation both in the field & off it.. & #piefastforricky lol

thank you for the kind words... & Once again thanks for the tremendous support.. from everyone.. Sheffield Wednesday fans really are a family! & A bloody fantastic 1 at that! WAWAW UTO

6 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I will just say this. 52 years ago we beat Reading 3-2 in their back yard and went all the way to Wembley. That is all lol

Just reminded me Nev.

That old song!

Sounds sooo old now, swinging sixties and all that to the tune of ‘England swings’!

“Wednesday swings like a pendulum do’

We beat Reading, three goals to two’

New hoo hoo castle and Huddersfield Town,

Both played Wednesday and the both went down”.

Think there was some more, but can’t remember the rest.

Must involve Chelsea as well or maybe it was just the earlier rounds.

6 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I will just say this. 52 years ago we beat Reading 3-2 in their back yard and went all the way to Wembley. That is all lol

I was at that game and bear in mind that we were in top  division and they were in the 3rd division if memory serves me well.

19 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

I was at that game and bear in mind that we were in top  division and they were in the 3rd division if memory serves me well.

Your right. I can remember being on the coach going down and the radio commentator previewing the matches said if there was going to be an upset in the third round then this would be it. 

Leon Best?

maybe im being whooshed but i thought it was Nuhiu that hit the post v chorlton. 

on another point i thing Jos quite fancies Matias next to Joao and it could easy happen tonight or tuesday... no doubt someone will be along in the next ten minutes confirming the starting line up!!

I never realised Reading was so old, didnt they spend the majority of their first 100 years in non-league? 

Les Smith, SkySports old cricket statistician is a Reading fan & local man.. dont know what that has to do with anything, but ive put it out there all the same.

2-1 Wednesday, Matias & Boyd.    15,836

Great OMDT M'lud , as earlier posters say its been a funny not only month but season

Never really happened for us and one to write off unless we can muster an FA cup run, think we're gonna be hard to beat but will struggle with putting it in the old onion bag

Could well nick this one mind, don't think it'll be pretty, 1-0 JR

I used to have something of a soft spot for Reading.  John Arlott, the finest commentator on sport this country has ever seen or ever will see, was a supporter, and while of course football wasn't his sport he had a store of interesting stories about a club that as His Lordship has noted is far older than you would expect.

Nothing becomes more attractive for being successful and in the premier league they were much harder to like.

I shall be there tonight.  First FA cup game I have done for years.  Genuinely keen to win.  Be fun to get a shot at the last eight.  

Guest Bulgaria

Cracking OMDT.

Reading have done rather well in the cup the last few years I seem to recall and I think they will get a draw tonight.

Think Marco will start and score first goal, netting me 16 quid!!