Relegation or a trophy?

Guest Bulgaria

100% playing in championship . winning fa cup is like having going on a bende,r its fun for a day  , losing championship status is like losing your house ,in our case losing championship status would be fatal with our huge wage bill ,we could easily do a Coventry or Portsmouth . by the way who remembers wigan or Portsmouth winning fa cup? didn't do them much good in long term did it. we are a long way from safe this season ,a lot say our season is over , its far from over . 

Cup without a shadow of a doubt. What would look better on our honours list:

sheffield wednesday fa cup winners 2018 or Sheffield Wednesday - avoided relegation to league 1 2018?

we’d be back up soon enough and it would be forgotten about but we’d never forget winning the fa cup. 

2 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

And have fans of tinpot clubs like Oldham and Bury gracing our away end again? No chance, there is no greater shame for a club of our stature having to deal with those scrubby little tinpot town clubs that waste away the bottom ends of our league. We deserve Premier league and we will not drop, even if we do win the FA cup.

Whilst I agree that we do not want to be playing 'tinpot' clubs, and have their fans gracing our away end, and I feel that our place is in the top flight, and I do not think we will drop, I must disagree with the first part of your sentence. we certainly DO NOT 'deserve' to be in the Premiership. To do that, we need to finish in the top two of the Championship. 

I can’t believe anyone would really choose the Championship over the FA Cup. 

Wigan were relegated from the PL and won the FA Cup that year; they were relegated from the Championship shortly afterwards. I bet there aren’t many Wigan fans who would give up the FA Cup win and the european tour for another season of avoiding relegation from the PL.

Staying in this division is more important than a cup run. With the contracts our players are on we would be bankrupt if we dropped a level. Too many players on long contracts and big wages that are too old for other clubs to sign. The cup run wouldn't provide enough money to keep us afloat.

I dream of a cup win but my head says saying up is the only option.

Watching us win a trophy at Wembley is something I will never forget coupled with my favourite player of all getting toe egosl that won it was amazing. I'd love our younger fans to witness this, you'll never feel anything like it trust me.

We should have won the FA Cup in 93, and this was one of my worst moments in football.

I would easily take relegation if we won FA Cup, no brainer. Neither will happen this season though.

32 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Whilst I agree that we do not want to be playing 'tinpot' clubs, and have their fans gracing our away end, and I feel that our place is in the top flight, and I do not think we will drop, I must disagree with the first part of your sentence. we certainly DO NOT 'deserve' to be in the Premiership. To do that, we need to finish in the top two of the Championship. 

it makes me smile when they say we are a top flight club and that's our rightful place , I've been going for 56 years and I know you even longer and we've spent more time out of the top flight than in it . clubs who's rightful place is in the top division tend not to be absent for so long .

Cup win. All day. 

We’re not like Wigan who had no chance of coming back after sacrificing their league place for a cup win. We’d comfortably smash League One with this squad next season. 

Also so imagine getting to go to the like of the San Siro in the Europa League where we’d be guaranteed at least six European matches. 

Are those going for Championship safety mad?!?! Where’s your romance. 

3 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

How can anyone say Championship football over a cup win? Cup win goes down in history as one of the greatest days we'll ever experience, and you'd trade that so we can have another trip to Brentford and Millwall? Nah not for me.

People who are complaining that the next season would be rubbish because we’d be playing tinpot teams are also forgetting that we’d also likely play at least one European big name in the Europa League and in the group stage we’d get at least three Hillsborough European nights under the lights and three away trips. More than makes up for away days at Bury and Oldham.