Tom Bannan & Barry Lees

Pelupessy holding, with Bannan and Reach in front of him should be our first choice middle 3. Keep Fox at wing back, but obviously keep trying to sign a new one. Wouldn't pull Reach out of centre mid he's been our best player there and most effective recently. The legs and energy would be fantastic with Joey anchoring and Bannan and Reach playing in front

11 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Was definately playing with injury was stated by the club. Walks straight back in for me Van Aken, Venancio, Lees moving forward. 

Carlos was very good with excuses injuries was the last in a long line of them and not a lot that has come out of the club this season has proved to be the complete truth.

The player himself needs to take pride in himself, if he felt he was not fit he should have spoken up, yes there is management pressure but this rarely happens in modern football the players have all the control

Lees needs to get himself fit and able to last 90 minutes as losing him for 15 - 20 games a season every season is simply not good enough.

Guest Willow Owl
3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Carlos was very good with excuses injuries was the last in a long line of them and not a lot that has come out of the club this season has proved to be the complete truth.

The player himself needs to take pride in himself, if he felt he was not fit he should have spoken up, yes there is management pressure but this rarely happens in modern football the players have all the control

Lees needs to get himself fit and able to last 90 minutes as losing him for 15 - 20 games a season every season is simply not good enough.

He had a groin operation in December ruling him out for eight weeks. 

Are you seriously saying this didn't happen and the club are lying? 

It was obvious to most fans that he was playing with an injury for weeks. He is our best defender and Carlos played him in every game possible no matter whether it was a friendly, cup or league. 

Maybe you should try giving him credit for trying to play through the pain barrier for the team, as there was no viable options at the time. 

1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

He had a groin operation in December ruling him out for eight weeks. 

Are you seriously saying this didn't happen and the club are lying? 

It was obvious to most fans that he was playing with an injury for weeks. He is our best defender and Carlos played him in every game possible no matter whether it was a friendly, cup or league. 

Maybe you should try giving him credit for trying to play through the pain barrier for the team, as there was no viable options at the time. 

Willow he had a groin op in December why has he been poor from July to November - yes was he carrying an injury I don't know but the player has to also bare some of this, if he is not fit enough to play he has to speak up.

Was Carlos forcing him to play maybe we can only speculate on that but the long and short of my original post was, is now time to try and get the maximum we can for him, when we have more than enough cover and give the younger players in Venancio and the kid till then end of the season to prove themselves.

Personally he has been a great player for us but has not been at his best since this time last year when he came back from his last injury lay off. We are losing him for 10-15 games a season through injury, is this the same injury or just bad luck. If we got an offer of £5-7m for him I would be tempted to take it and then give others a chance, maybe i am wrong but I feel realistically he has 2 or 3 years left with us max and could he make the step up to the next level i don't know.  

On 23/01/2018 at 17:25, room0035 said:

Nah - he has been unfit like the rest of them, he may come back a different player. But that is not my point Venancio of the 3 youngsters have been given a chance and taken that chance it is up to Loovens and Lees to try and win their spot back.

If they go straight back into the team I think that will be a mistake. What I saw from Thorniley on Saturday I have not seen from Lees for the whole of this season - So do we get rid no when he should be in his prime and we could feasibly get the most for him or hope he comes good but at the back of this maybe lose one of the good youngsters not willing to wait x years for a chance.

Remember if you are good enough you are old enough we only have to look at the Lane and Barnsley with the young defenders they have sold on in the last 5 years for a lot of money.

Completely agree that lees and loovens have to earn their spot now.

Venancio has been a standout over the last few games and for me has made the right CB spot his own. 

Thornilly i thought was superb. Zohore has given some experienced CBs a torrid time this season and thornilly kept him very quiet.

Pudil like venancio has been very assured over the last few games.

i would expect loovens or lees to come in in the middle of the 3 CBs when fit with Pudil moving to the left CB role. Harsh on thornilly as he deserves to keep his place on merit - but feel he might be bedded in gently.

Guest Willow Owl
34 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Completely agree that lees and loovens have to earn their spot now.

Venancio has been a standout over the last few games and for me has made the right CB spot his own. 

Thornilly i thought was superb. Zohore has given some experienced CBs a torrid time this season and thornilly kept him very quiet.

Pudil like venancio has been very assured over the last few games.

i would expect loovens or lees to come in in the middle of the 3 CBs when fit with Pudil moving to the left CB role. Harsh on thornilly as he deserves to keep his place on merit - but feel he might be bedded in gently.

Agree Venancio has earned his chance but to say that Thorniley after 1 game and Pudil who is a left back filling in ( remember early season when he was getting ripped apart) are better options than Lees or Loovens is in my opinion optimistic at best.. 

My back 3 when all fit would be, 

Lees - right of three, played right side in our back four for last 3/4 seasons

Venancio- centre of three, is capable of carrying ball out of defence. 

Van Aken - Left of three, natural left foot with great passing ability.