Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ANDY

Tom Bannan & Barry Lees

Recommended Posts

I'm all for trying Lees in the new system, if he plays up to his best standard we have a good player on our hands. If we get a silly offer for him we can take it, if we don't then he's good to keep.

 

I'm impressed with Venancio and Pudil, we might have a good defence if it keeps up. Loovens and the young players to cover injuries. That's ok for this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange that. Carlos buggers off and suddenly players start coming back from injury sooner ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The young lads are doing well but stick Lees into that back three alongside Venancio and Pudil and it starts to look like a really strong Championship defence. 

 

Likewise putting Bannan in a midfield three *finally* ought to release his potential to concentrate on getting forward AND playing centrally when CC never let him do both. Personally I’d drop Fox and move Reach to LWB to accommodate this and the overall creativity in the XI is obviously increased. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

 

I know that Keiran Lee is very positive about the new boss and his approach. Good to hear. 

 

How do you know that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

 

His mum. 

How do you know Jos's mum?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

 

She goes to same coffee mornings as Kieran Lee’s mum.

Makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest RocketOwl

Both walk straight back into the team when 100% fit. End of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gib said:

Bannan looks like he’s gained a yard of pace....:tango:

It's all the weight he's lost since he's not carrying Carlos lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ANDY said:

Back in training. 

 

 

 

Out so long you got the names in a tangle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ramone said:

You've forgotten about the obligatory 'setback'

 

They both already had one. 

 

Some good news at last?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darra said:

Strange that. Carlos buggers off and suddenly players start coming back from injury sooner ;-)

 

If that were the case it would tell me much more about the players than Carlos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beloved_aunt said:

The young lads are doing well but stick Lees into that back three alongside Venancio and Pudil and it starts to look like a really strong Championship defence. 

 

Likewise putting Bannan in a midfield three *finally* ought to release his potential to concentrate on getting forward AND playing centrally when CC never let him do both. Personally I’d drop Fox and move Reach to LWB to accommodate this and the overall creativity in the XI is obviously increased. 

 

Reach has been fine where he is - looks one of our best players at the mo

 

If you drop Fox then Pudil returns to his old position and Lees slots in at the back.  Fox has had a lot of stick but he was ok against Cardiff and made some timely interventions if I recall.

 

Bannan should only play centrally behind the strikers 

 

But neither should walk back into the team - this was a bad CC habit and it doesn’t need repeating.

 

Having them back will do no harm to morale too.

 

Get Fletcher back and we start to look halfway decent - think the others Hutch, Lee, Hooper, Forestieri etc are some way off if memory serves.

 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ANDY said:

Back in training. 

 

 

 

 

Back in a fortnight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, room0035 said:

Nah - he has been unfit like the rest of them, he may come back a different player. But that is not my point Venancio of the 3 youngsters have been given a chance and taken that chance it is up to Loovens and Lees to try and win their spot back.

 

If they go straight back into the team I think that will be a mistake. What I saw from Thorniley on Saturday I have not seen from Lees for the whole of this season - So do we get rid no when he should be in his prime and we could feasibly get the most for him or hope he comes good but at the back of this maybe lose one of the good youngsters not willing to wait x years for a chance.

 

Remember if you are good enough you are old enough we only have to look at the Lane and Barnsley with the young defenders they have sold on in the last 5 years for a lot of money.

Was definately playing with injury was stated by the club. Walks straight back in for me Van Aken, Venancio, Lees moving forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                       Wildsmith 

                        

    Lees          Vernancio       Loovens 

    

                      Pelupessy               

 Boyd                                             Reach

               Jones           Bannan 

 

                Rhodes      Joao 

                     

 Got to remember the Loovens Lees partnership that equalled our record for clean sheets. When both fit compliment each other and Vernancio able to carry the ball out.                      

                                             

 

 

                                       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

                       Wildsmith 

                        

    Lees          Vernancio       Loovens 

    

                      Pelupessy               

 Boyd                                             Reach

               Jones           Bannan 

 

                Rhodes      Joao 

                     

 Got to remember the Loovens Lees partnership that equalled our record for clean sheets. When both fit compliment each other and Vernancio able to carry the ball out.                      

 

Loovens appears to be losing his edge. I'd like to think he's not an automatic starter anymore, especially with the younger players who have made promising beginnings recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

 

Loovens appears to be losing his edge. I'd like to think he's not an automatic starter anymore, especially with the younger players who have made promising beginnings recently.

Loovens sadly has lost any edge , he’s the last player we should be playing in central defence these days.

 

He’s been a good player but I hope he doesn’t play for us again as his legs have gone and he’s a red card waiting to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...