Tom Bannan & Barry Lees

The young lads are doing well but stick Lees into that back three alongside Venancio and Pudil and it starts to look like a really strong Championship defence. 

Likewise putting Bannan in a midfield three *finally* ought to release his potential to concentrate on getting forward AND playing centrally when CC never let him do both. Personally I’d drop Fox and move Reach to LWB to accommodate this and the overall creativity in the XI is obviously increased. 

1 hour ago, beloved_aunt said:

The young lads are doing well but stick Lees into that back three alongside Venancio and Pudil and it starts to look like a really strong Championship defence. 

Likewise putting Bannan in a midfield three *finally* ought to release his potential to concentrate on getting forward AND playing centrally when CC never let him do both. Personally I’d drop Fox and move Reach to LWB to accommodate this and the overall creativity in the XI is obviously increased. 

Reach has been fine where he is - looks one of our best players at the mo

If you drop Fox then Pudil returns to his old position and Lees slots in at the back.  Fox has had a lot of stick but he was ok against Cardiff and made some timely interventions if I recall.

Bannan should only play centrally behind the strikers 

But neither should walk back into the team - this was a bad CC habit and it doesn’t need repeating.

Having them back will do no harm to morale too.

Get Fletcher back and we start to look halfway decent - think the others Hutch, Lee, Hooper, Forestieri etc are some way off if memory serves.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Guest Willow Owl
6 hours ago, room0035 said:

Nah - he has been unfit like the rest of them, he may come back a different player. But that is not my point Venancio of the 3 youngsters have been given a chance and taken that chance it is up to Loovens and Lees to try and win their spot back.

If they go straight back into the team I think that will be a mistake. What I saw from Thorniley on Saturday I have not seen from Lees for the whole of this season - So do we get rid no when he should be in his prime and we could feasibly get the most for him or hope he comes good but at the back of this maybe lose one of the good youngsters not willing to wait x years for a chance.

Remember if you are good enough you are old enough we only have to look at the Lane and Barnsley with the young defenders they have sold on in the last 5 years for a lot of money.

Was definately playing with injury was stated by the club. Walks straight back in for me Van Aken, Venancio, Lees moving forward. 

Guest Willow Owl

Wildsmith 

Lees          Vernancio       Loovens 

Pelupessy               

Boyd                                             Reach

Jones           Bannan 

Rhodes      Joao 

Got to remember the Loovens Lees partnership that equalled our record for clean sheets. When both fit compliment each other and Vernancio able to carry the ball out.                      

7 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Wildsmith 

Lees          Vernancio       Loovens 

Pelupessy               

Boyd                                             Reach

Jones           Bannan 

Rhodes      Joao 

Got to remember the Loovens Lees partnership that equalled our record for clean sheets. When both fit compliment each other and Vernancio able to carry the ball out.                      

Loovens appears to be losing his edge. I'd like to think he's not an automatic starter anymore, especially with the younger players who have made promising beginnings recently.

5 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Loovens appears to be losing his edge. I'd like to think he's not an automatic starter anymore, especially with the younger players who have made promising beginnings recently.

Loovens sadly has lost any edge , he’s the last player we should be playing in central defence these days.

He’s been a good player but I hope he doesn’t play for us again as his legs have gone and he’s a red card waiting to happen. 

15 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

May sound like a sacrilegious sod, but despite being glad to hear of the return of Lees, Bannan et al. to fitness, the way that the defence has been pulled around by Jos. where are they going to fit them in without feeling sorry for the youngsters who have done so well in their absence.. Lees could probably be fitted in alongside Vernancio, but don't forget about our new signing. It's the forwards who now want a jolt, and I'm afraid that both Jones and Reach are far more attack-minded, and certainly Reach is more dangerous in front of goal than Bannan. 

Jones attack minded? Give your head a wobble.

• Haha 1