Tom Bannan & Barry Lees

They seem to run a lot faster now than they did in the previous training ground session we saw our team limping about ;)

Good news; must be creating a better atmosphere these days with new manager coming in, shaping up the team we have available all the while recovering our injured players without stressing them back, knowing they have good covers. Confidence boost all around, U23's, injured and the usual first team players who have been going through this rough patch :)

35 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

They don't look happy with you sticking a camera in their faces mate

Nicked the photo off the Wednesday Sing Facebook Group today after someone spotted them training today pal although I agree with you, from the looks on their faces they’re about to knock out the photographer!!

Great to see. Get Lees back in ASAP - great defender and daft to judge him solely on this season’s performances. This year has been a car crash for half of our squad. 

A fully fit Lees, playing under Jos, in a back three with two out of Hutch, Venancio, Van Aken, Pudil and Loovens would soon look rock solid again I’m sure. 

And Bannan in the role Wallace is currently playing....bring it on. 

48 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

They seem to run a lot faster now than they did in the previous training ground session we saw our team limping about ;)

Good news; must be creating a better atmosphere these days with new manager coming in, shaping up the team we have available all the while recovering our injured players without stressing them back, knowing they have good covers. Confidence boost all around, U23's, injured and the usual first team players who have been going through this rough patch :)

I know that Keiran Lee is very positive about the new boss and his approach. Good to hear. 

May sound like a sacrilegious sod, but despite being glad to hear of the return of Lees, Bannan et al. to fitness, the way that the defence has been pulled around by Jos. where are they going to fit them in without feeling sorry for the youngsters who have done so well in their absence.. Lees could probably be fitted in alongside Vernancio, but don't forget about our new signing. It's the forwards who now want a jolt, and I'm afraid that both Jones and Reach are far more attack-minded, and certainly Reach is more dangerous in front of goal than Bannan. 

1 hour ago, Bigger Guns said:

I do wonder if lees was playing with an injury due to carlos’ reluctance to play venancio or one of the young lads

There were rumours of a fall out between Carlos and Lees and I would have thought asking him to play injured was probably the reason.

He was definitely playing with an injury last season before it catching up with him away at Bristol City and his performances this season suggest something was wrong as well 

2 hours ago, Bigger Guns said:

I do wonder if lees was playing with an injury due to carlos’ reluctance to play venancio or one of the young lads

Nah - he has been unfit like the rest of them, he may come back a different player. But that is not my point Venancio of the 3 youngsters have been given a chance and taken that chance it is up to Loovens and Lees to try and win their spot back.

If they go straight back into the team I think that will be a mistake. What I saw from Thorniley on Saturday I have not seen from Lees for the whole of this season - So do we get rid no when he should be in his prime and we could feasibly get the most for him or hope he comes good but at the back of this maybe lose one of the good youngsters not willing to wait x years for a chance.

Remember if you are good enough you are old enough we only have to look at the Lane and Barnsley with the young defenders they have sold on in the last 5 years for a lot of money.

We have to remember that the both of em have got to get their fitness up to the new required levels first.They cannot expect to just walk straight back into the first team. Jos may well have different ideas on the matter. He is looking at his players without any preconceived set views on them, until he has seen them perform for himself. It does not matter what we think.

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

Could be Lees is sold to balance the books with the emergence of Thorniley, Neilson, OGrady would you be happy if Lees was old for £7m + (based on current stupid prices).

Last season I would have said no way but this season he has been woeful.

I would have said sell bannan but owlstalk may have had a melt down :duntmatter:

I think we’re maybe getting carried away with the “emergence” of some of the younger players. We’re talking about players who’ve been played once if that and that’s mainly because of injuries. Don’t get me wrong I’ve been encouraged by the debuts of the players you’ve mentioned plus Clare but it’s way too early to start selling established, (mostly) consistent, experienced first team players based on a couple of kids getting a run out against Carlisle or a brief sub appearance. 

I think we’re all pleased Jos has been willing to do this which does bode well for the future though. Again you have to wonder if we’d seen any of them if we hadn’t had the horrendous amount of injuries though. 

Despite being encouraged by the likes of thorniley and o Grady and in fact Nielsen v Carlisle they have only played v league 2, yes one game for thorniley v Cardiff and yes he was pretty good but it’s one game. Lees we know how good he can be , just think back to last season and the 15/16 he was immense! A fit lees comes in 100% , what we have learnt is the likes of o Grady and thorniley are great prospects and can play when needed.

1 hour ago, BenitoCarbone said:

Possible team for Boro:

Wildsmith

Lees

Fred

Pudil

Hunt

Jones

Pelupessy

Bannan

Reach

Joao

Matias/Rhodes

Starting to look better allready.

Throw Lee, Hooper, Westwood, Van Aken and Hutch in that mix and our squad is kinda sexy?

:luhukay:

Got to say IF that is the team at boro I’m more than happy, hopefully baz, hunt and reach can get forward and then joey,Jones stay back . 

I'm all for trying Lees in the new system, if he plays up to his best standard we have a good player on our hands. If we get a silly offer for him we can take it, if we don't then he's good to keep.

I'm impressed with Venancio and Pudil, we might have a good defence if it keeps up. Loovens and the young players to cover injuries. That's ok for this season.