Loovens back in the mix

who's the best bet to help us thru to the next round loovens, nielsson ,o'grady ....if he wants to see the youngsters against stiffer opposites than Carlisle then go with one of them and see how they fare against some decent quality like kermagant barrow ,aluko etc etc . ....i'd personally go for loovens but if he does want to test one of the rookies at a better level then the cup is the game do it in . 

9 minutes ago, Owl in Nottingham said:

Good player. Had injury problems this year. Came back into a team with loads of injuries and was unfairly sent off.

Give our players a chance. Still a great captain.

Can't we support players rather than the eternal search for a scapegoat. 

He doesn’t need a chance he’s 34 and been a good player in the past . 

He isnt a scapegoat , he just isn’t up to the task . It’s that simple . There doesn’t always have to be a big deal made out of everything. 

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

He doesn’t need a chance he’s 34 and been a good player in the past . 

He isnt a scapegoat , he just isn’t up to the task . It’s that simple . There doesn’t always have to be a big deal made out of everything. 

No big deal. I just think he has proved to be a good player for us (how many of our centre backs can boast the same number of clean sheets?)

I see no rush to write him off. 34 is not old in today's game.   

This is ideal opportunity to test  Grady or Nielsen against a better quality of opposition. We will need as many players as possible up to speed in the championship ,to make sure we get away from any relegation threat . These two & Thorniley  could prove to be the best business we do this transfer window. And might even save us money in transfers come the summer.

Two Silly inexperienced mistakes from an old pro and captain that should know better and could have cost us in the Derby going down to 10 men for half an hour. 

The young lads have come in, we've kept clean sheets, they havnt put a foot wrong looking more composed on the ball too. For me after Carlos we need to show if you come in you do an effective job and play well no matter who it is you carry on until either rested or dropped due to form, so for me O.'Grady and Nielson are ahead of him n the last couple of games, so should come back in. 

1 hour ago, Owl in Nottingham said:

No big deal. I just think he has proved to be a good player for us (how many of our centre backs can boast the same number of clean sheets?)

I see no rush to write him off. 34 is not old in today's game.   

Eh? 34 is old in today's game. This is the age most footballers retire.

Could his loss of pace (and there also timing)  be due to the lack of fitness in the squad from the previous regime? I think he's done enough previously to be given time to prove himself (again) with improved fitness. 

Edit. He needs to earn his place back first

Edited by Goose

13 hours ago, torryowl said:

who's the best bet to help us thru to the next round loovens, nielsson ,o'grady ....if he wants to see the youngsters against stiffer opposites than Carlisle then go with one of them and see how they fare against some decent quality like kermagant barrow ,aluko etc etc . ....i'd personally go for loovens but if he does want to test one of the rookies at a better level then the cup is the game do it in . 

Which is exactly what Jos did with Thorniley against Colins lot . I thought he had a solid game up against Zahore , one of the better championship wingers. 

Guest RocketOwl
18 hours ago, Morepork said:

Yep, his loss of pace has reached a tipping point, also his timing in the challenge has become a liability, unfortunately. Leader in the dressing room is his primary role for the remainder of this season IMO.

We are not playing to his strengths.