Sheffield Wednesday fans at away games - picture thread

8 hours ago, capetownowl said:

I was smack bang middle of that lot.

One of those coppers got hit by a coin or something, everyone cheered and laughed. A photo ended up as the centre spread in the matchday programe . Myself and my mates clear as day on it. Called us Uncouth louts!!!! Seem to remember we invaded the pitch quite a few time.

**** Geoffery disclaimer. I was young and impressionable easily led astray by others. It was part of the culture in those days. We had very little else to do at matches as the football was really poo .

Yeah, it was also in the Star.

Got me plum in the center of the picture looking like I was enjoying it too much

Had to hide the paper from my parents or I would have got a clip

4 hours ago, Pulsar said:

I was talking to the lad with the Timberland T-shirt at The Prince of Wales a few years back as they used to sit in front of us in the North.

I'm sure that's Lanzarote next to him.

If that's Stovin then i'm sure that's John Oldale 3rd from right?

Tis true

On 1/22/2018 at 15:20, fredmciverslovechild said:

Definitely Lincoln away....18 March 1978.

I'm in there somewhere.

Yes me too. Remember a serious running battle outside the ground before the match. Those Lincoln boys were a feisty lot !!

36 minutes ago, sage owl said:

If that's you Nut your dad was my group leader when I went to boys brigade at the Ebenezer in the early 70s. Also recognise a couple of other Ecclesfield lads on there.

You're right

Also Fid, Coops and Mouse from Ecco

19 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Yeah, it was also in the Star.

Got me plum in the center of the picture looking like I was enjoying it too much

Had to hide the paper from my parents or I would have got a clip

We must have been stood near each other.

Great day out.

Also had to hide the paper

6 hours ago, S A Andy said:

Hi CT Owl.   Yes I was also in the Seagulls pub next to the ground after the game.Johnny Sissons; ex Wednesday & West Ham was also in. I believe Budgie Burn died a few years after. 

PS : I got the score & the scorer wrong. It was actually a 2-1 win with a Paul Warhurst double. Get those photos on Mate.

I need to go through my shed and find pictures of both games, sure I have a few

Think the atmosphere at Loftus Versfeld at the match was better than Cape Town, but apparently the after party in Cape Town was on a differently level !!

17 minutes ago, Southernblues said:

I need to go through my shed and find pictures of both games, sure I have a few

Think the atmosphere at Loftus Versfeld at the match was better than Cape Town, but apparently the after party in Cape Town was on a differently level !!

Yes the after match party was certainly "heavy". All the players went to the Quay 4 bar / disco at the Waterfront, some serious partying until the early hours.