Sheffield Wednesday fans at away games - picture thread

12 hours ago, Nut said:

Resized_20160528_154947.jpeg

I was talking to the lad with the Timberland T-shirt at The Prince of Wales a few years back as they used to sit in front of us in the North.

I'm sure that's Lanzarote next to him.

12 hours ago, sheffieldblue said:

image.thumb.png.b552249323a9253f14ee366a936fe166.pngBrighton

Brighton pre-season friendly 2000

If that's Stovin then i'm sure that's John Oldale 3rd from right?

12 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

I was talking to the lad with the Timberland T-shirt at The Prince of Wales a few years back as they used to sit in front of us in the North.

I'm sure that's Lanzarote next to him.

If that's Stovin then i'm sure that's John Oldale 3rd from right?

Yes Pulsar that's me with the Timberland t-shirt and it is Lanzarote Owl that I appear to be holding hands with. I remember seeing you outside The Prince of Wales.

19 hours ago, S A Andy said:

Taken at Loftus Versveld Pretoria S.Africa in 1992 when Wednesday toured.

SA Owls photo.jpg

I was at the Cape Town game against Hellenic. I was good mates with Budge Burn (ex England player) who was then manager of Hellenic. We ended up in the Seagulls pub after the game with the whole squad. I must try and dig out photos.

• Like 1

Just now, capetownowl said:

I was at the Cape Town game against Hellenic. I was good mates with Budge Burn (ex England player) who was then manager of Hellenic. We ended up in the Seagulls pub after the game with the whole squad. I must try and dig out photos.

Hi CT Owl.   Yes I was also in the Seagulls pub next to the ground after the game.Johnny Sissons; ex Wednesday & West Ham was also in. I believe Budgie Burn died a few years after. 

PS : I got the score & the scorer wrong. It was actually a 2-1 win with a Paul Warhurst double. Get those photos on Mate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, capetownowl said:

I was smack bang middle of that lot.

One of those coppers got hit by a coin or something, everyone cheered and laughed. A photo ended up as the centre spread in the matchday programe . Myself and my mates clear as day on it. Called us Uncouth louts!!!! Seem to remember we invaded the pitch quite a few time.

**** Geoffery disclaimer. I was young and impressionable easily led astray by others. It was part of the culture in those days. We had very little else to do at matches as the football was really poo .

remember that program article well,it had most of our lot on it but i was just out of picture ! :tango:

22 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Lincoln away is becoming our Woodstock. 3,000 in attendance, 30,000 claiming they were there.

I went to the 1-1 draw in 1976, I remember the Wednesday fans counting the Wednesday coaches as they arrived, got to about 42 if I remember right and the away end was already full as they arrived.

15 minutes ago, twodogs446 said:

My Dad after the Cardiff Play-Off final, bumping unexpectedly into his hero in the street !!

1233.JPG

Was talking to BR and Michael Vaughn in a pub before the game, got some great pics but lost the lot when i tried to transfer them to a new phone.

Never try to mess with stuff if pisssed or stupid, or both in my case:sad:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

I went to the 1-1 draw in 1976, I remember the Wednesday fans counting the Wednesday coaches as they arrived, got to about 42 if I remember right and the away end was already full as they arrived.

One year I went to Lincoln by coach as opposed to driving; it was the year where we had the trouble.

The police diverted all the coaches into the old racecourse and we were kept there till shortly before kick off when they let them through. So we had 40 odd (or whatever) coachloads of Wednesday fans all trying to get in about three turnstiles five minutes before kick off.

And then the police wondered why there was trouble....

13 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Outside Wilmington stadium, Wilmington North Carolina...........first game of the  pre season USA tour 2006 !

ABEAB600-F53C-4732-9218-F966947813FB.jpeg

First one below is in the clubhouse of the ‘Wilmington Ultras’ ...... really !

Second is inside ‘Raleigh RiverHawks’ NC at the second game.

Last one inside Wilmington Stadium just before a massive electrical storm at halftime meant that the second half didn’t start till almost an hour after the finish of the first half.

The Wilmington Chairman actually came and gave us free beer whilst the storm was on and encouraged us to sing Wednesday songs to show the locals how it should be done !

C8317CCF-3A41-4C29-9905-D25153F965B4.jpeg

B3F0C136-75C4-4643-A37A-C1B9397261CA.jpeg

931DB133-9DEC-4905-919F-000B39C9C9B6.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nut said:

Yes Pulsar that's me with the Timberland t-shirt and it is Lanzarote Owl that I appear to be holding hands with. I remember seeing you outside The Prince of Wales.

If that's you Nut your dad was my group leader when I went to boys brigade at the Ebenezer in the early 70s. Also recognise a couple of other Ecclesfield lads on there.

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

First one below is in the clubhouse of the ‘Wilmington Ultras’ ...... really !

Second is inside ‘Raleigh RiverHawks’ NC at the second game.

Last one inside Wilmington Stadium just before a massive electrical storm at halftime meant that the second half didn’t start till almost an hour after the finish of the first half.

The Wilmington Chairman actually came and gave us free beer whilst the storm was on and encouraged us to sing Wednesday songs to show the locals how it should be done !

C8317CCF-3A41-4C29-9905-D25153F965B4.jpeg

B3F0C136-75C4-4643-A37A-C1B9397261CA.jpeg

931DB133-9DEC-4905-919F-000B39C9C9B6.jpeg

Is that tiny in the lacoste top? So called cos he's huge?!