Looking forward - a fit squad

Reading some other threads has got me to thinking how on Earth we pick a side if we have most players fit.

Choice of keeper is now tough with joes performances recently.

If it’s a back 3 - Venancio-Lees-Pudil? But still Van Aken and Loovens

Wing backs easy for me - Hunt and a new one left

midfield 3 - how do you call this from .... Bannan, Lee, Hutch, Jones, Pessi, Wallace, Boyd, Reach.

Then up top - tough again with Joao, fessi, hoops, Rhodes, nuhiu, Matias.

No youngsters mentioned there and I’ve left out Abdi, butters too.

For me....

Wildsmith

Venamcio Lees Pudil

Hunt.                  New 

Bannan. Hutch or Pessy. Reach

Joao. Hooper

subs

Fessi, Boyd, Jones, Van Aken, Westwood, Lee, nuhiu, Palmer.

Any team without a fully fit Fernando not in is a weaker side than we can put out. Easily our best player and would make the first 11 in any championship team IMO. 

I do agree a fully fit squad will cause the manager some great headaches. For me though:

Westwood (only just)

Venancio   Lees      Hutchinson

Lee    Pessy (based on rep)    Bannan      Reach

FF

Hooper Joao

I know people say Lee cannot be a right back and I agree, but a wing back I think could be a good suit. Its a really attacking line up though this one !!!!

• Thanks 1

Westwood

Venancio Lees Van Aken

New Rb                          Reach  

Bannan  Pelupessy Lee

Hooper Winnall

Don’t know I would put FF as I don’t rate him and Hooper as a partnership.

If we go 5-3-2

Wildsmith

Hunt

Hutchinson

Lees

Van Aken

Reach

Lee

Pelupessy?

Bannan

Hooper

Joao

Or maybe a 4-2-3-1 

Wildsmith

Hunt

Lees

Van Aken/Venancio

Pudil 

Lee

Hutchinson

Matias/Reach

Hooper

Forestieri

Rhodes/Joao

When we have a fully fit team it's so hard, we just need a bloke who knows how to get the best out of them and I honestly think that's Jos.

2 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I still believe Bannan creates an imbalance. He can't keep dropping deep looking for the ball. Great player, but he needs to stick to whatever formation we're playing.

In a 3-5-2 he won't need to drop back, holding midfielder will sort that. I agree with the imbalance though but that was in the 4-4-2. He might actually start contributing some assists in a different formation !!!

1 minute ago, WayneTheOwl said:

In a 3-5-2 he won't need to drop back, holding midfielder will sort that. I agree with the imbalance though but that was in the 4-4-2. He might actually start contributing some assists in a different formation !!!

My concern is whatever formation we play, he'll drop back. All credit to him for wanting the ball, but he needs to create space further up the field.

19 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I still believe Bannan creates an imbalance. He can't keep dropping deep looking for the ball. Great player, but he needs to stick to whatever formation we're playing.

I don’t think he’s ever really played his best position for us. Because CC was always trying to shoe horn a 4-4-2 together he either had to play wide or the deep role. 

Would love to see a midfield three of Lee - Hutchinson - Bannan. Think it’d really get the best out of all three. Hutch can just sit and the others bomb forward. 

23 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

He simply won't get away with doing things like that under Jos. 

4 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

I don’t think he’s ever really played his best position for us. Because CC was always trying to shoe horn a 4-4-2 together he either had to play wide or the deep role. 

Would love to see a midfield three of Lee - Hutchinson - Bannan. Think it’d really get the best out of all three. Hutch can just sit and the others bomb forward. 

Good point about the 4-4-2. Lee, Hutchinson and Bannan on paper has a great balance. Hutchinson sitting deep, Lee driving forward and Bannan pulling the strings.