Young players coming through to the first team

Every single one of them looking very confident, disciplined and well coached in their performances over the last three games.

This bodes very well not just for the rest of the season but the future.

Looks like our academy is paying real dividends now and big up Jossssss for giving the young un's a chance

Owlstalk Shop

It's good they're getting their chance. It was never going to happen under Carlos.

But  how long did we labour under the mistaken belief that the likes of Beavers, Wood, and Spurr were good enough because they came through the ranks? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fast Forward said:

It's good they're getting their chance. It was never going to happen under Carlos.

But  how long did we labour under the mistaken belief that the likes of Beavers, Wood, and Spurr were good enough because they came through the ranks? 

They played out of necessity but the pressure of playing in the side we had at that time and perhaps us holding onto them longer than we should've didn't help them or us going forward.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Guest Grez Bez

It's great to see

One think I noticed (and liked) was the encouragement the senior pros were giving young Jordan. After every touch one of them encouraged him, that's VERY important in football.

2 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

It happens when needs must. Big Jack brought loads through because the club had no cash, Mel, Ticker, the Shirtcliffes, JP, Charlie Williamson. It’s crazy in the lean years of the last couple of decades we haven’t seen more. 

I agree don't forget Mark Smith and David Grant 

It seems we do have some quality in that group of u23’s. 

I like how all of them have showed composure, confidence and calm heads in the brief appearances they have had.

We should persevere with them this season, as the speed with which quality young players improve can be huge! 

I said tonight the biggest complement I could pay the young lad was that I didn't realise he was there. I know that sounds weird, but I meant he fitted in, looked comfortable and didn't make any critical mistakes ( unlike loovens - who should gracefully retire at the end of the season) 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Every single one of them looking very confident, disciplined and well coached in their performances over the last three games.

This bodes very well not just for the rest of the season but the future.

Looks like our academy is paying real dividends now and big up Jossssss for giving the young un's a chance

This is how it should be . This is what the academies are there for . Just shows that we do have talent in the u23`s that are ready to step up .  

2 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Strange he's not left yet. Thought he was highly sort after. 

My thoughts exactly 

Probably cos he’s not played all season. 

IF what DC described is true then its shocking management by hirsts advisors and the lad himself