Colin: "I can't see them scoring... this season"

10 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Colin though

Bitter to the end

Can't beat a virtual reserve team with his play off high hopefuls

So instead of berating his own flops

He has a dig

And some people wanted him here

Isn't that just prudent management? Mourinho likes to stir it if he wants to take attention away from the players and Warnock does the same. Plus, he likes to wind Wednesday fans up and he keeps getting them to fall for the predictable routines.

21 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

he likes to wind Wednesday fans up and he keeps getting them to fall for the predictable routines.

He's a master at it & never fails to get a reaction.

10 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

My first paragraph is not speculation but I didn't say CC said he didn't want the players, I am saying they were not his first choices. There is a difference there.

Likewise the fitness I am not saying we were at the levels we should have been but it's being overstated, a bandwagon that many have jumped on. I also believe many of our injuries are not related to fitness issues - Hutchinson, Lee, Forestieri, Fletcher, Boyd all have had injuries not to do with fitness. IMO injuries relating to lack of fitness/conditioning tend to be muscle pulls and strains and not many of our injuries have fallen into this category.

You say we have a better squad but I have to disagree - none of the players you mention would be first choice if everyone was fit.  That's to me has been the real issue at our club there is only Reach who would get into our side from the play off final 19 months ago - that's the main reason we have not progressed.

The squad is stale and we need to move some players on - most teams do this.

If the players that were brought in last summer, definitely weren't CC's first choices - I'd like to see some kind of source to back that up.  Has Carvalhal ever actually said that?

As far as I'm concerned, CC is as culpable as anyone else at the club for our expensive hit-and-miss recruitment since Wembley.  The chairman went on record recently to say that Carvalhal was significantly involved in the club's first team recruitment, so how can CC not be at least partly responsible for the situation we are in now?

I agree with you that the first team has gone stale in the last 12 months.  But it's the head coach's job to get the very best our of the players available, recognise when things are going wrong and sort out the problems.  For months, Carvalhal was failing to do that.

The question of whether any of the 5 summer signings would make a Wednesday first choice XI if everyone was fit, is subjective, especially as we have a big squad.  What cannot be argued is that on the first game of the season, when all of our players were fit and available, Carvalhal selected Rhodes and Boyd to go straight into the team and start against Preston.

That was what the head coach chose to do.  Hooper, Fletcher, Nuhiu and Wallace all started the match on the bench.  Why would CC do that if CC thought that the summer signings weren't up to scratch?

Butterfield, Venancio and Van Aken hadn't been signed at that point. 

In any case, Rhodes, Boyd and Butterfield are all seasoned professionals at Championship level.  Other managers in this division have managed to get consistent performances from those players at different clubs.  It's disappointing that CC wasn't able to.

Likewise, Van Aken and Venancio were signed with decent pedigree too; plenty of first team appearances under their belts and both at good ages with potential to develop in time.  I considered these two defenders to be exciting prospects at the time.  And with the benefit of hindsight, both have contributed more to the first team than some of our more experienced players.  I'm looking forward to see what they can do under a manager who puts an emphasis on defensive solidarity.

Carvalhal was backed in every transfer window.  Yet for a long time prior to his exit at Wednesday, he was taking us backwards.

Our team clearly got worst throughout 2017, even though our squad of players, is one of the best in the division.  That is because of a number of factors.  Our previous head coach is responsible for several aspects of our team's deterioration IMO.

You and I have both made it clear that we disagree with each other in regards to where this season has gone wrong, and every time you've quoted me - that's fine, nothing wrong with a healthy debate.  But we're obviously not going to totally agree here.

Edited by The Captain
  • Agree 3

Why are we still talking about old Walnut head?

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, The Captain said:

If the players that were brought in last summer, definitely weren't CC's first choices - I'd like to see some kind of source to back that up.  Has Carvalhal ever actually said that?

As far as I'm concerned, CC is as culpable as anyone else at the club for our expensive hit-and-miss recruitment since Wembley.  The chairman went on record recently to say that Carvalhal was significantly involved in the club's first team recruitment, so how can CC not be at least partly responsible for the situation we are in now?

I agree with you that the first team has gone stale in the last 12 months.  But it's the head coach's job to get the very best our of the players available, recognise when things are going wrong and sort out the problems.  For months, Carvalhal was failing to do that.

The question of whether any of the 5 summer signings would make a Wednesday first choice XI if everyone was fit, is subjective, especially as we have a big squad.  What cannot be argued is that on the first game of the season, when all of our players were fit and available, Carvalhal selected Rhodes and Boyd to go straight into the team and start against Preston.

That was what the head coach chose to do.  Hooper, Fletcher, Nuhiu and Wallace all started the match on the bench.  Why would CC do that if CC thought that the summer signings weren't up to scratch?

Butterfield, Venancio and Van Aken hadn't been signed at that point. 

In any case, Rhodes, Boyd and Butterfield are all seasoned professionals at Championship level.  Other managers in this division have managed to get consistent performances from those players at different clubs.  It's disappointing that CC wasn't able to.

Likewise, Van Aken and Venancio were signed with decent pedigree too; plenty of first team appearances under their belts and both at good ages with potential to develop in time.  I considered these two defenders to be exciting prospects at the time.  And with the benefit of hindsight, both have contributed more to the first team than some of our more experienced players.  I'm looking forward to see what they can do under a manager who puts an emphasis on defensive solidarity.

Carvalhal was backed in every transfer window.  Yet for a long time prior to his exit at Wednesday, he was taking us backwards.

Our team clearly got worst throughout 2017, even though our squad of players, is one of the best in the division.  That is because of a number of factors.  Our previous head coach is responsible for several aspects of our team's deterioration IMO.

You and I have both made it clear that we disagree with each other in regards to where this season has gone wrong, and every time you've quoted me - that's fine, nothing wrong with a healthy debate.  But we're obviously not going to totally agree here.

A well worded post even if I don't agree with some of it.

Re recruitment I wasn't trying to say CC was not partly responsible but I was saying his first choice picks were not signed. Where he was culpable imo was not saying no to some of the players offered to him - Jordan Rhodes being the best example of this.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Isn't that just prudent management? Mourinho likes to stir it if he wants to take attention away from the players and Warnock does the same. Plus, he likes to wind Wednesday fans up and he keeps getting them to fall for the predictable routines.

Maybe

I just like pointing out he’s a c0ck should anyone forget

• Like 1

20 hours ago, qantas said:

Yep.

10 pages and still going strong.

FFS ©

On 24/01/2018 at 02:34, qantas said:

Can't see how Wednesday fans telling it how it is can be classed as "classic Warnock getting a reaction".

This thread should be more about how his super Cardiff team failed (again) to beat a patched up Wednesday side just like his anti football last season at Hillsborough with a Cardiff team time wasting from minute one.

But i forgot the mans a tactical genius to some Wednesday fans:ghoulguy:

Edited by full fathom five
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, full fathom five said:

But i forgot the mans a tactical genius to some Wednesday fans:ghoulguy:

Not to me he's not, a tactical genius would have kept United in the Prem....so in that sense, good on yer Colin.

• Agree 1

You were saying Colin ? 3 goals all in one game. Just concentrate on your own team. Good luck against City. lol

• Haha 1

He's a nob I can't stand him. 

So we’ve scored 3 goals since Colin had his say, how about his shower?

On 24/01/2018 at 22:37, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Yep.

10 pages and still going strong.

FFS ©

With a FEW posters on here

On 24/01/2018 at 05:54, pgmetcalf said:

Why are we still talking about old Walnut head?

Tufty ?

FFS.

Watched the game on TV today, don't think  Pep was impressed by Cardiffs dirty tactics. Joe Bennett should have had a straight red for the leg breaking tackle in the first half.

Warnock was snarling at the end, don't know why, the ref gave Cardiff everything decision going.

Have to say  De Bruyne was magnificent, hard to believe that Mourinhio thought De Bruyne, Salas and Lukaku were not good enough when at Chelsea.

They were awful today in every sense of the word. 

Completely outclassed (by a great team, admittedly) so there only tactic was to try and kick the sh*t out of the opposition. Classic Warnock. 

A very mediocre side having a good season. 

• Agree 1

Wankopoly :- Rules for Cardiff, Don't drive along the M4, Don't cruise up the North Circular, Don't go to Wembley. Do Not Collect £200. 

city shut him up f@kin big time charlie