Colin: "I can't see them scoring... this season"

15 hours ago, OutspokenTom said:

I disagree with that, Rhodes worked harder than normal today, created 2 good chances for Joao and on another day would have had 2 goals and 2 assists. Tracked back as well which is new for him.

Give him time under this new set up and i'll bet he turns a corner.

I'll bet he doesn't. Agree with the guy that you replied too, if Matias is fit he's got to have a run. Offered us way more in 15 minutes in terms of being a threat going in behind than Rhodes has ever done.

Ive been one of Rhodes biggest backers in the past but for me, the lads shot. His confidence is at an all time low and how long can you persist with him just because he scored loads of goals in this league 4 years ago? The chance yesterday before HT was the deciding tipping point for me. I wouldn't have wanted ANYONE else on the end of that chance yesterday. He must dream of chances like that. His finish lacked any kind of conviction what so ever and he dollied it up for the keeper to make a really easy save. It was so poor. He's been here for 12 months now and he's never had a run where he's even threatened to find form. You can serve me up the 'well Carlos this and Carlos that' excuses but that doesn't mean he's exempt from criticism. According to a lot of you, We've been garbage for 18 months but that never stopped Hooper going on 2 or 3 runs where he can't stop scoring. I would have expected the same from Rhodes but it just hasn't happened. 

I though yesterday, his general play was ok to be fair. But that was probably the most involved he's been in a game ad lets be honest, we're scoring him at a 6 or a 7... Thats ok if he finishes the game with his name on the score sheet. Unless he does, he's a total passenger and he's a waste of a short. 

37 minutes ago, ramone said:

I'll bet he doesn't. Agree with the guy that you replied too, if Matias is fit he's got to have a run. Offered us way more in 15 minutes in terms of being a threat going in behind than Rhodes has ever done.

Ive been one of Rhodes biggest backers in the past but for me, the lads shot. His confidence is at an all time low and how long can you persist with him just because he scored loads of goals in this league 4 years ago? The chance yesterday before HT was the deciding tipping point for me. I wouldn't have wanted ANYONE else on the end of that chance yesterday. He must dream of chances like that. His finish lacked any kind of conviction what so ever and he dollied it up for the keeper to make a really easy save. It was so poor. He's been here for 12 months now and he's never had a run where he's even threatened to find form. You can serve me up the 'well Carlos this and Carlos that' excuses but that doesn't mean he's exempt from criticism. According to a lot of you, We've been garbage for 18 months but that never stopped Hooper going on 2 or 3 runs where he can't stop scoring. I would have expected the same from Rhodes but it just hasn't happened. 

I though yesterday, his general play was ok to be fair. But that was probably the most involved he's been in a game ad lets be honest, we're scoring him at a 6 or a 7... Thats ok if he finishes the game with his name on the score sheet. Unless he does, he's a total passenger and he's a waste of a short. 

This!  And it really pains me to say it as I was made up when we signed him and then he scored against Birmingham. I would also love him to come good but I just don't think its going to happen

Agree entirely re the chance before half time. I'm afraid that was my tipping point too...

Would love someone to re-quote this post in a few weeks cos JR has hit 6 in 8 games but just cannot see that happening

1 minute ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

This!  And it really pains me to say it as I was made up when we signed him and then he scored against Birmingham. I would also love him to come good but I just don't think its going to happen

Agree entirely re the chance before half time. I'm afraid that was my tipping point too...

Would love someone to re-quote this post in a few weeks cos JR has hit 6 in 8 games but just cannot see that happening

As would I pal 

6 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Wonder how long we will continue to blame CC for everything?

I don’t blame him for everything.  But I really wish we had parted ways last summer.

The chairman is responsible for standing by a failing head coach for so long, and for giving the ‘green light’ to CC’s flawed and wasteful recruitment since Wembley.  That’s what is going to screw us for the next couple of years - lengthy expensive contracts dished out to several players in the autumns of their careers, who I believe we are going to struggle to move off the wage bill.

But this season, Wednesday aren’t even close to the playoffs (and haven’t been since late October), despite having one of the best squads in the division.  That’s not good enough.  IMO this is mainly because of Carvalhal’s failings in terms of tactics, getting player’s fitness up to scratch, man-management, recruitment, and utilising the squad’s abilities.

The number of significant injuries we have had this season can surely be no coincidence.  And the lack of basic fitness that we have had this season is surely CC’s biggest failing - there will be a link between the two.  I believe that is one of the biggest reasons for our ‘no-show’ of a season.  The long-term affects of so many injuries are yet to be played out.

Hopefully we will get some of our injured players returning sooner than later.  If we have to play out the rest of the season with just the players that we have currently available, we will be in a relegation battle, unless Jos really does over-perform with the players he has.

Hes employed another group of lumps that will run through walls for him...its worked for him plenty of times..

And for the comments hes probably been saying that for 35 years after every 0-0...knows how to get under the skin does that old canny piggy troll..he seems to be more obsessed with us than we are of him.