Much improved

Jos is stamping his authority on the team and the formation is good. Some steady performances from players that have been a bit lost this season. We could easily have won that game and did well considering the players available. THORNLEY was very good and look like an established championship player as was Fred. Consolidate and build for next season, very positive considering what we've seen this season. 7/10 from me. 

• Thanks 1

It seemed the commentator Don Goodman forgot it was 3rd against 17th during most of the first half until someone showed him a league table on the 40th minute.  Because before then he was saying how we should be doing better in the game.

to me it was a very organised and hard working performance against a potential top 2 side. Clearly we are missing some better players but that’s what Jos needs to bring in.  Then we will climb the table and challenge for promotion next season, i am confident about 

The fact that we were in relegation form but over night have become hard to beat is testament to the training sessions, especially with players that were deemed not good enough by our previous manager. I'm not a Carlos basher but we spent months looking at centre backs and we've just brought a young lad in that has performed very well. Great debut against a big strong powerful direct side. 

4 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Decent performance overall considering the players we have available at the moment. Didn't think much of cardiff though - seen them a few times this year and hard to see how they are up in 3rd.

Organisation, power and most importantly pace in the final third.  Something the club or “Carlos” (cough) failed to bring in during his time with us. 

It will be interesting what players Jos signs in the forward positions tho, because I’ll hold my hands up and apologise if we sign more slow forwards but get success from it 

3 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

You reckon? Another drab home performance against a Cardiff side who offered little. No quality whatsoever. We are in a relegation battle for sure.

What do you think is the reason why cardiff offered little?

Edited by Southie_Owl

9 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

What do you think is the reason why cardiff offered little?

Because they simply weren't that good...and neither were we. We need to start winning some games and a half decent wide would have beaten them tonight.

Edited by roundhayowl

10 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

You reckon? Another drab home performance against a Cardiff side who offered little. No quality whatsoever. We are in a relegation battle for sure.

We will be at least 20 points away from relegation come the end of the season.

27 minutes ago, wembley93 said:

Jos is stamping his authority on the team and the formation is good. Some steady performances from players that have been a bit lost this season. We could easily have won that game and did well considering the players available. THORNLEY was very good and look like an established championship player as was Fred. Consolidate and build for next season, very positive considering what we've seen this season. 7/10 from me. 

Don't want to be a bit of a pooper but if we go without a league goal and maybe a win for much longer the buzz brought in by the new manager will soon disappear

Just now, pgmetcalf said:

Don't want to be a bit of a pooper but if we go without a league goal and maybe a win for much longer the buzz brought in by the new manager will soon disappear

I agree pg but on another day we would have won that game. It's not like we didn't have clear cut chances. Change was needed and it's come just in time.