Jones

18 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Wasn't it also refreshing to see a great delivery from Jones's free kick that Rhodes headed over. Cant remember the last time we drilled in a ball like that or caught out our opponents as they all thought Wallace was taking it.

Yeah, that was an excellent delivery from Jones.

I wonder if this is the sort of thing that Jones was alluding to in the programme when he talks about the players being given more responsibility to make decisions on the pitch?

Thought Jones did ok.

Still lacks a bit of confidence if you ask me. There were times when he appeared to really panic on the ball. It happened last Friday too. Not how I remember him playing for opposing sides against us. Always thought he was dead composed on the ball. Might be nervous about getting people on is back as he isn't the most popular of players with the fans. Not sure why? Think he was a fall guy under the previous regime. If you take him as you see him you'll see he's a good footballer and generally, the results are better when our side has him in it. Needs to calm himself down a bit and he'll be another asset to us I'm sure

46 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Wasn't it also refreshing to see a great delivery from Jones's free kick that Rhodes headed over. Cant remember the last time we drilled in a ball like that or caught out our opponents as they all thought Wallace was taking it.

This was fantastic. 

As opposed to his time under Carlos, Jones is now looking to play the ball forward whenever he can & looks a much better player for it.

Yet another example of Carlos not playing to a players strengths & trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

Jos prefers to play a 4-2-3-1 formation but is using the current 5-3-2 (3-5-2 when we are on the offensive) because it best suits the players at his disposal. Carlos would never do that he'd just shoe horn the players to fit his rigid style.

18 hours ago, Bobster01 said:

Been an absolute liability this half, can't tackle, pass or control the ball. A liability in defence and offers nothing in attack. This new Dutch midfielder who's name I won't even try to spell should walk into the side in his place. Am I being harsh or is he usually better than this?

You don’t happen to sit in Row Q on kop do you ? The one calling Jones a useless Wankker every time he got the ball ?

The same cockend that has to have scapegoat for every match be it Wallace , Hunt , Reach  etc etc. 

If you do , you’re the reason I’m relocating next season.  You’re a boring get. 

Edited by Vaughan

I don't sit there. At least it will be a fresh start for you next season. A rejuvenated team and a new seat on the kop. I don't just about abuse at people. I want the team to play well  but I just personally didn't think Jones played well in the first half.

Guest RocketOwl
19 hours ago, Bobster01 said:

Been an absolute liability this half, can't tackle, pass or control the ball. A liability in defence and offers nothing in attack. This new Dutch midfielder who's name I won't even try to spell should walk into the side in his place. Am I being harsh or is he usually better than this?

Another poster receiving countless negs for stating the truth.

Jones is terrible. Slow and wasteful. Takes an age to do anything. 

Some reason he was captain.

Pudil was the only leader out there yesterday.

4 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Another poster receiving countless negs for stating the truth.

Jones is terrible. Slow and wasteful. Takes an age to do anything. 

Some reason he was captain.

Pudil was the only leader out there yesterday.

agree pudl was excellent yesterday, Jos is mixing experience with youth and jones is part of that mix at present because there are not many other options due to injury, i wouldnt expect jones to be in the mix once injuries and new signings are sorted, may be only a matter of weeks.

2 hours ago, ramone said:

Thought Jones did ok.

Still lacks a bit of confidence if you ask me. There were times when he appeared to really panic on the ball. It happened last Friday too. Not how I remember him playing for opposing sides against us. Always thought he was dead composed on the ball. Might be nervous about getting people on is back as he isn't the most popular of players with the fans. Not sure why? Think he was a fall guy under the previous regime. If you take him as you see him you'll see he's a good footballer and generally, the results are better when our side has him in it. Needs to calm himself down a bit and he'll be another asset to us I'm sure

You would think fans would be a little more on his side knowing he's a Wednesday fan as well...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kazads said:

You would think fans would be a little more on his side knowing he's a Wednesday fan as well...

That makes literally no difference in my opinion. The fact he supports us will not make me change my opinion on his performance. Although I accept it is great to see someone who supports the club play for it, it shouldn't be a factor to make someome change their opinion on them as a player

If it's the same Dave Jones he has donated £700 to the bowel cancer thread apparently , but back to the thread jones just gets on with his game nowt spectacular but gets a foot in and gets rid , his free kick yesterday was a peach  and should have been buried by Rhodes , saying that he is a small cog in a machine that is coming to life via an oil change 

My point was, although very poorly worded was I didn't think he covered the defence like Hutch has for example over the last few years. His role is to protect the defence and I don't think he did a good enough job of that and that may be as you say due to the fact he is no spring chicken and may be feeling the strain of what is a very demanding role.

9 minutes ago, rob1601 said:

Legs have gone, cannot cover the ground in the midfield 

Also, does that weird jazz hands type posing when closing down or tackling an opponent