Jones

12 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

It's what it's all about mate and not a personal dig at you.

I can understand frustration that we aren't hitting the heights we have been but we as a fanbase at times are quick to point out a players deficiences as opposed to saying they do the basics right.

That's what's been lacking from what I've seen...........the added glitz and glamour will come but we needed to get back to basics before any of that. 

Jones has helped steady the ship without being spectacular............sign of a good player for me.

To be fair what I said was based off the first half but being in Cornwall and all that it didn't actually submit on here until after the game. I can see your point about how it must be difficult to play in a midfield three with two wingers but I just thought he was a bit static and caught in a bit of no man's land at times but now I look back on it, this may be due to the fact Reach and Wallace are more attack minded and left him overwhelmed but hey ho 

2 minutes ago, Bobster01 said:

To be fair what I said was based off the first half but being in Cornwall and all that it didn't actually submit on here until after the game. I can see your point about how it must be difficult to play in a midfield three with two wingers but I just thought he was a bit static and caught in a bit of no man's land at times but now I look back on it, this may be due to the fact Reach and Wallace are more attack minded and left him overwhelmed but hey ho 

Do I detect someone cycling backwards.

FFS.

17 minutes ago, Tom Thumb said:

I’m amazed sometimes at people’s perception of a game. Jones did everything he would have been expected to do in his role.

What did you expect from him tonight exactly?

He's defensive minded midfielder but I don't think he protects the defence like a Hutch for example. Obviously most disagree with me and that's why I'm not a football manager I guess but at the end of a day it's a game of opinions.

7 minutes ago, Bobster01 said:

It also depends on whether you want to see us more on the front foot and letting the other 2 have more of a free reign going forwards as well mate.

I looked at Grujic in Cardiff's midfield who as a big lad had a great 1st half and you think he's the type we'd want in that Jones role..............but then he was nowhere near as effective 2nd half because we out manouvered him.

That is good coaching..........recognising the opposition's strength (even mid game) and adapting the players at your disposal to do something different.

I thought we were so much better 2nd half.

Edited by WatfordOwl

4 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

Do I detect someone cycling backwards.

FFS.

Not at all, still thought in my opinion he was poor especially in the first half but was improved in the second. Just don't personally think he's the rock we need at cdm.

39 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

No. He’s had a bit of a resurgence since Jos arrived, but in my humble opinion, we signed him 2 years too late. 

I’d put money on Pelupessy starting next match and Jones to be a bench player for the rest of the season....then a wave buh-bye, off into the ex-Wednesday club in the sky. 

I think killing him would be a bit harsh mate, much improved 2ND half but he seemed to induce too many heart-in-mouth moments in the first. Agree with Pelupessy starting next few games.

7 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

It also depends on whether you want to see us more on the front foot and letting the other 2 have more of a free reign going forwards as well mate.

I looked at Grujic in Cardiff's midfield who as a big lad had a great 1st half and you think he's the type we'd want in that Jones role..............but then he was nowhere near as effective 2nd half because we out manouvered him.

That is good coaching..........recognising the opposition's strength (even mid game) and adapting the players at your disposal to do something different.

I thought we were so much better 2nd half.

Yep I agree we were much better second half and should have scored and the midfield battle was won by us in the second half which is where we were completey exposed and out played in the first half which is why they were able to dominate the game until about 40 minuets.