David Pleat

Providing commentary on 5 live at the moment. There was a 'seagulls' chant in the Amex when a seagull flew in an around the pitch. Pleat mentions how many clubs are associated with birds, and the examples he comes up with are... robins and blackbirds.  

Apart from who-the-hell-are-the-blackbirds, which the co-commentator picked up on, isn't Pleat just a weird bloke in general, and so weird not to think of owls given the years he spent here. 

(especially as we are playing the bluebirds today - clearly he's not paying much attention)

Like does he even remember us at all? Such a pivotal time in the history of our club was overseen by this guy. Was he always a loon?  

1 minute ago, yowl84 said:

Providing commentary on 5 live at the moment. There was a 'seagulls' chant in the Amex when a seagull flew in an around the pitch. Pleat mentions how many clubs are associated with birds, and the examples he comes up with are... robins and blackbirds.  

Apart from who-the-hell-are-the-blackbirds, which the co-commentator picked up on, isn't Pleat just a weird bloke in general, and so weird not to think of owls given the years he spent here. 

(especially as we are playing the bluebirds today - clearly he's not paying much attention)

Like does he even remember us at all? Such a pivotal time in the history of our club was overseen by this guy. Was he always a loon?  

Worst Wednesday manager ever. 

• Like 1

Guest Theboylangers

Frigging Pleat. The mention of his name makes me shudder.

The start of our downfall. 

Horrific manager, far worse than Carlos. 

Just now, handworth52 said:

we have had a few loons at our club he was one of them but carlos tops the list of loons for me. 

Rubbish! Carlos should have gone at the end of the Huddersfield game but there have been far worse managers at Wednesday. Some of the football in that first season was brilliant. Yes, he has made a lot of mistakes and he has set the Club back but come on, he was way better than Irvine, Pleat, Wilson, Dave Jones, Yorath etc.

Definitely a loon, and almost ruined our club. Hate him with a passion. Only time in my life I've wanted wednesday to get hammered was at old Trafford as it would result in his sacking. We did, and he did.

Just now, sirlawrenceofmadden said:

When he could have been playing Waddle, Sheridan et al.

Indeed - everyone said he'll play Waddle to his strengths.   What he did was get rid of him when he still had 18 months in him.

At the time Waddle was being instrumental in helping some of the younger kids make more of themselves too, including Humphreys.

8 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

we have had a few loons at our club he was one of them but carlos tops the list of loons for me. 

Care to explain?  

Carvahal is a far better manager than Pleat was imo.  Apart from the £20 note business, I can't think of anything loony about CC.  He's in the Prem.  We aren't.  

5 minutes ago, sirlawrenceofmadden said:

Carlos not a patch on this loon - single handedly destroyed one the best teams we have had  for no good reason. 

harsh. Woods, Nilsson, Pearson, Shirtliff, Anderson, King, Worthingon, Palmer, Harkes, Wilson, Williams and Francis had all gone before Pleat took over.

Dont get me wrong I never really liked him and things were in a mess by the time he left (that 7 goal drubbing at Blackburn... yikes) but I don't think the job he did was as awful as some make out. He took over a team in transition that was already on a downward slide after a dreadful final season under Francis the year before.