Debut for Pelupessy today?

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Love how Neil can create a thread about a new signing and share youtube video that even has his name in the title of it... yet still spell said player's name wrong :ph34r:

He spelled p-u-s-s-y right. That doesn’t surprise me.

Cat lover obviously.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 3

Definite debut today and I don't think from the bench.

Had Jos been in charge for a few months, my thoughts would be different but he is in a honeymoon period which has started positively.    He clearly saw a deficiency in that area of the pitch with current personnel available.

He's starting, I can feel it in my blood.

Edited by a_weishaupt

11 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Love how Neil can create a thread about a new signing and share youtube video that even has his name in the title of it... yet still spell said player's name wrong :ph34r:

Almost like it was deliberate to create a massive backlash on facebook and twitter by irate grammar nazis who will click the link to shout about it

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, a_weishaupt said:

Definite debut today and I don't think from the bench.

Had Jos been in charge for a few months, my thoughts would be different but he is in a honeymoon period which has started positively.    He clearly saw a deficiency in that area of the pitch with current personnel available.

He's starting, I can feel it in my blood.

You’ve convinced me. Pelepussy in.

Ordinarily, I'd say it's not so wise to put a player straight in after only one training session (or one double session!), especially when it's not absolutely necessary, but I imagine he'll be tasked with doing a similar job for us as he did at Heracles i.e. sit in front of the centre backs and break up play, so even though Heracles played with four at the back, I can't imagine there'll be a great amount of adapting required.

I won't be entirely surprised if he does start, although I would say that I think Jones has done alright these last few games, so as I said before, it's not absolutely necessary that we throw Pelupessy straight in.

1 minute ago, TheEnd1976 said:

He will come on from 60 min to the last 10 Depending on the result...

I've seen what everyone else has seen but I don't see him as a defensive player.   Just because of where he operates on the pitch, doesn't make me think he's there just to break up play and get rid.  

Italians have it pegged as a role called the regista,  Something that may see an end to 3 in the middle of defence for us ultimately, but not today.    I can see 3 CB's and this guy sat in front of them with the aim of dictating play.

Hope not.

I think the players that played last Friday have earned the right to start today and it’s now their shirt to lose.

Dropping Dave Jones after probably his best game in a Wednesday shirt would IMO send out all the wrong signals to the rest of the squad.

If they think they can come in and perform well and keep the shirt it’ll keep them motivated, if they think it doesn’t matter how well they play as they’ll be dropped as soon as other players are fit then you end up with the same problem Carlos had when trying to motivate squad members.

I think it’s their shirt to lose now.

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Hope not.

I think the players that played last Friday have earned the right to start today and it’s now their shirt to lose.

Dropping Dave Jones after probably his best game in a Wednesday shirt would IMO send out all the wrong signals to the rest of the squad.

If they think they can come in and perform well and keep the shirt it’ll keep them motivated, if they think it doesn’t matter how well they play as they’ll be dropped as soon as other players are fit then you end up with the same problem Carlos had when trying to motivate squad members.

I think it’s their shirt to lose now.

I think this is fair reasoning.

I'm eager to see Pelupessy play, but on balance, you're probably right about the message it would send to the squad should he walk straight in.