Jordan Thorniley

2 minutes ago, Hughthecone said:

Bit shakey for the first 20min but settled down for a first senior game

yes  I thought he was fouled for their 'goal' that wildsmith hardly tried to stop

will have been a massive learning curve for the lad  although I'm surprised neilsen wasnt played perhaps too tired after his game tuesday

Agree looked shaky early on but settled down and looked more assured. Playing his part in keeping a clean sheet, against a promotion chasing team live on TV should do his confidence wonders.

interesting to see if Loovens comes straight back in...I imagine he will.

3 minutes ago, steelowl said:

yes  I thought he was fouled for their 'goal' that wildsmith hardly tried to stop

will have been a massive learning curve for the lad  although I'm surprised neilsen wasnt played perhaps too tired after his game tuesday

Absolutely. Obvious foul and Wildsmith clearly let it in - didn’t stop Colin having a good old moan about it though. N0b

Great to see him play today, I heard a few good things about him while he was at Accrington and it’s refreshing to see Wednesday have the bottle to give these young lads a chance 

looks a really good prospect and I have reservations as to wether Carlos would have given him a chance

13 minutes ago, steelowl said:

You mean when the ref blew his whistle and the player took a shot after play was stopped? 

24 minutes ago, steelowl said:

You see those given as fouls and you see some refs play on. Regardless the ref had stopped play before Zahore shot and Wildsmith didn't make much effort bar lifting his arm in the balls general direction. 

Colin calling it a 'disallowed goal' was a joke. It wasn't ruled out as play had already been stopped. 

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Looked terrified on the ball but (bar the contested foul with Zohore in the 1st half) was very solid defensively. Definitely looks like he could grow into it with a little patience 

He dwelt on the ball and got caught out once early on which made him a bit nervous for a few minutes and he grew into it. I think saying he looked terrified on the ball is harsh. Did what he had to do against a promotion chasing team who unsurprisingly under Warnock play a lot of robust football. Tough game to make his debut in and he did well with help from Pudil.

Guest Grez Bez

Good for him

I think its the hardest position to play for a young lad as any mistake inevitably leads to a goal.

Had a few glitces but payed well on the whole. It does show the difference in U23 and Championship football though...