Jordan Thorniley

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

To be fair, I think if we got a free kick 25 yards from goal and we had Penney on the pitch I'd be the most excited about one of our own dead ball situations than I've ever been. 

Dunno how quick he is, dunno how good at defending he is... but my god that left foot of his :goalie:

and I could bet that Wallace would took it :dry:

I thought Pudil was great at LCB last week but I wouldn’t be as sure about him in the middle.. good luck to Thorniley if he is starting though. Hopefully we’ll get to see a significant amount of minutes for Clare and Joey as well. 

14 minutes ago, steelowl said:

If we were safe this is a situation I've hoped for 

be brilliant to actually discover and play talent in our own reserves  feels like the 1979-80s again

Jos Luhukay - translation into

"Sheffieldish" = Breath of Fresh Air .......

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

Think its great that the new manager is willing to put faith in these players and all the youngsters have looked accomplished so far but I cant help but think he'll regret playing a back three of venancio pudil and thorniley against a warnock side lets hope thorniley is towering and not 5'11.

Just now, owlsincefifties said:

I think that Thorniley is a RB/CH, at least RB is where he played for U23's. I'm fairly sure he started for Accrington at RB and was then moved to LB. But I could be wrong.

Can't remember him ever playing there for U-23's...

He formed good CB partnership with O'Grady, though.