nelom

Guest The Claw

Just read Feyonoord fans forum...

They say his character is extremely laid back.

They think the Championship would be a good move for him.

Although he's been qouted as saying he's unsure if Championship clubs match his ambition. 

He will decide on his future before the window closes.

Sounds like he's just playing the field, after a very money focussed move.

4 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Just read Feyonoord fans forum...

They say his character is extremely laid back.

They think the Championship would be a good move for him.

Although he's been qouted as saying he's unsure if Championship clubs match his ambition. 

He will decide on his future before the window closes.

Sounds like he's just playing the field, after a very money focussed move.

I’m sure Jos and DC are savvy enough to let it go if the player is acting like a parasite. That said, he may genuinely be waiting for something closer to home or an offer from the Prem. In essence, ambition and preference is one thing greed is another. Thus, I am happy to see what pans out and trust the people making the decisions at our club. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

13 hours ago, theowlsman said:

They discovered he was Melo in disguise. He nearly anagrammed us the deceptive get.

13 hours ago, glynnb said:

Any relation to  Leman -one for the old gets 

Anyone know what a 'get' is?

My dad used to use it all the time in a derogatory way about men he disliked but I've only ever heard it used in Sheffield. Londoners use 'git' in the same way and that was used more widely because of  a TV programme.

I'm seriously interested in what it actually means and where it comes from. The nearest I've got so far was that it comes from ' to get with child', (make pregnant), the get being the child. That wouldn't explain it being derogatory.

21 minutes ago, prowl said:

My dad used to use it all the time in a derogatory way about men he disliked but I've only ever heard it used in Sheffield. Londoners use 'git' in the same way and that was used more widely because of  a TV programme.

I'm seriously interested in what it actually means and where it comes from. The nearest I've got so far was that it comes from ' to get with child', (make pregnant), the get being the child. That wouldn't explain it being derogatory.

I always took it as a child or offspring in a derogatory sense

as in - come 'ere ya daft get   *smack*

(obvious going off personal experience here :dry:)

9 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

I always took it as a child or offspring in a derogatory sense

as in - come 'ere ya daft get   *smack*

(obvious going off personal experience here :dry:)

Thanks for the reply. That sort of ties in with what I put in my post but dad used it when referring to men rather than children as did  owlsman & glynnb.

Odd words like this are an interest of mine.

“Git” is a derivation of the Scottish word “get” meaning “poopydoo” or illegitimate (From The Bible “beget” : to “give birth to”). It originally referred to a “worthless person”. rumblezoids, even when I was young, were frowned upon- as if anyone can do anything about where or how they arrived on the planet! At least we progress as a society in some areas!

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, prowl said:

Beware of spawny parrot-faced wassocks lol