Jos Luhukay "There is room for improvement"

Jos Luhukay 2.jpg

Jos Luhukay is out to build on the two impressive performances under his tenure so far.

The Owls boss kicked off his reign with a point in last week’s Steel City derby before his side beat Carlisle to progress to the fourth round of the FA Cup.

Jos Luhukay 1.jpeg

Promotion-chasing Cardiff present the next challenge, arriving at Hillsborough on Saturday for the live TV Championship clash.

Luhukay said: “I am pleased with the two results and performances I have seen. But, of course, there is room for improvement and this is something we must do.

“But we are building a strong foundation with two clean sheets and this is very pleasing.

“So we must continue to build and get Sheffield Wednesday into a better place.”

Owlstalk Shop

There is a long way to go, expect we will have ups and downs before the end of the season. I suspect we won't see the best of JL until the summer. Expect big changes and a stronger, fitter, faster and extremely organised team to be unleashed next year.

9 minutes ago, striker said:

There is a long way to go, expect we will have ups and downs before the end of the season. I suspect we won't see the best of JL until the summer. Expect big changes and a stronger, fitter, faster and extremely organised team to be unleashed next year.

Spot on pal. We need to be patient and give him the summer to sort out the mess inherited from Carlos. 

1 hour ago, Animal said:

Yup we’re all expecting to consolidate and anything better is a bonus. 

And if course we can improve we’re missing pretty much our whole first team squad, but it’s refreshing to see the players that never got a chance under cc

You can't expect owt more this season than consolidation TBH..

Next year i expect to go up....

I have gone from despair of hearing a manager rant on about lobsters and throwing meat on the fire and 20 minute answers to questions , to delight in a manager who gives straight answers ,and who has made a massive improvement in just three weeks . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Animal said:

Yup we’re all expecting to consolidate and anything better is a bonus. 

And if course we can improve we’re missing pretty much our whole first team squad, but it’s refreshing to see the players that never got a chance under cc

I would like to think that some of that so called first team squad injured will be shipped out.

3 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

I would like to think that some of that so called first team squad injured will be shipped out.

I’d like to think if Jos can improve the players playing at the minute. The sky’s the limit if the other players improve in a similar way.

14 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

I’d like to think if Jos can improve the players playing at the minute. The sky’s the limit if the other players improve in a similar way.

Agree..If Abdi could step up like Matias did the other night....I know it was Carlisle, but he looked totally up for it

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

I have gone from despair of hearing a manager rant on about lobsters and throwing meat on the fire and 20 quid answers to questions , to delight in a manager who gives straight answers ,and who has made a massive improvement in just three weeks . 

Just corrected it for you.

• Haha 1

On a serious note I think that Jos might well turn out to be our Chris Hughton character if we need a modern comparison. Brighton had missed out a couple of times then had a disastrous season where they were nearly relegated, appointed Hughton halfway through and came back firing on all six.

Very impressed with how he has handled things so far.

13 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

On a serious note I think that Jos might well turn out to be our Chris Hughton character if we need a modern comparison. Brighton had missed out a couple of times then had a disastrous season where they were nearly relegated, appointed Hughton halfway through and came back firing on all six.

Very impressed with how he has handled things so far.

I hope your right

5 hours ago, striker said:

Please Lord, let it come to pass.