Short-termism

Have some insight, don't just say what you are seeing over a short 3 week period. It shows no ability to analyse and that you have no opinion about things.

Things have improved, it couldn't have got much worse. There is a new manager honeymoon period, and this specific new manager has decided to focus on discipline and staying solid in the 3 weeks he has had. It has been easy to show a small improvement. We had to fight and stay solid against the pigs knowing that a 0-0 would be seen as a victory. We have then beat a team in a lower league than us and we did so.

Do we really think playing 1 in centre mid is sustainable after the honey moon period?

To say everything is sorted puts unfair expectations on Jos and the players, and plays into a fixed mindset that doesn't yet exist. This is dangerous. 

First challenge comes tomorrow in the first game in our league that we are looking for a win in. I will be judging Jos in more details after tomorrow.

Edited by Fibonacci91
spelling

4 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Have some insight, don't just say what you are seeing over a short 3 week period. It shows no ability to analyse and that you have no opinion about things.

Things have improved, it couldn't have got much worse. There is a new manager honeymoon period, and this specific new manager has decided to focus on discipline and staying solid in the 3 weeks he has had. It has been easy to show a small improvement. We had to fight and stay solid against the pigs knowing that a 0-0 would be seen as a victory. We have then beat a team in a lower league than us and we did so.

Do we really think playing 1 in centre mid is sustainable after the honey moon period?

To say everything is sorted puts unfair expectations on Jos and the players, and plays into a fixed mindset that doesn't yet exist. This is dangerous. 

First challenge comes tomorrow in the first game in our league that we are looking for a win in. I will be judging Jos in more details after tomorrow.

What about long-termism optimism?

5 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Can’t wait 

• Haha 1

BTW really hope Jos can lead us to glory and not saying there has been anything to suggest he cant...just not loads so far to suggest anything either way. We need to see when honeymoon has died down and when we have all our players back fit.

For example with everyone fit, is he going to persist with just playing 1 midfielder with two wingers next to him pushed infield with full backs providing width...i dont think that is sustainable...is this he formation or is it just becuase of the limited options we have.

Tomorrow is a big test.

I certainly see where the OP is coming from.

Yes, we were impressive against United in our organisation and resilience. But, perhaps lacked a bit of composure on the ball.

Yes, we were impressive against Carlisle and played with a real swagger and confidence in the 2nd half. But, Carlisle are a bang average League Two club.

Cardiff, at home, represents the test. And they'll be different tests for Luhukay to overcome every week. We'll fail some tests, and we'll win some tests. 

Tomorrow will be tough. And if we come out with a victory it'll be another encouraging sign. However, if we lose, it doesn't mean everything has gone to pot. Luhukay will be learning a huge amount from each game...and it'll only benefit us when his real work starts...next season.

4 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

its fine to hope but to mentally trick yourself into thinking everything is better after 2-3 weeks is dangerous but also just not true.

If you don't have hope in life then there isn't much left..

At least we've got some hope. Might prove to be another false dawn but at least we have hope.

3 weeks ago we didn't

Yes, tomorrow will give us a better indication of where we are They are a decent side, as were Utd, but derbys are notorious levellers Against Cardiff, we will have to get on the front foot, taking the game to them

Personally, I’d like to see us playing the system we intend to use going forward, even if that means we risk losing Playing a side, just to frustrate the opposition, might get us a point, but in reality it tells us nothing If we set up a way of playing, then we will find out what we require to perfect that system It’s all about next season

Edited by gurujuan

6 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

its fine to hope but to mentally trick yourself into thinking everything is better after 2-3 weeks is dangerous but also just not true.

I'm not thinking everything is better, but I am thinking our prospects are better now.