Jacob Butterfield

31 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

No, he's shitt. 

7 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

He’s crap. I wouldn’t be disappointed if he never played for us again.

Nothing like a bit of

Tact and Diplomacy !

lol

• Haha 3

Just read the piece on the other thread about mourinho preferring to play players out of position than trust "a rat". Think CC has done the same. Jos has a different approach so we may start seeing square pegs in square holes, and butter field played where he will work best?

6 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

bannan hated playing defensive midfield and that's not some rumour ive heard either , also  he didn't like playing on left . 

Can't say I blame him.

When you get in the Championship team of the year playing in your best areas of the pitch, it's nothing short of lunacy to then be moved somewhere that doesn't get the best out of the tools you bring to the table.

Guest Jack the Hat

Even his own mother would admit it's been one of the worst swaps since the dawn of time. If we ever did need him I don't think we do now. Can't see any scenario where we would buy him either. It was like swapping a vhs video for a beta max. Or for you younger viewers swapping shares in apple for shares in blackberry. Don't think he's helped his own case either by generally playing badly and seemingly being uninterested. Glad this rudderless recruitment 'strategy' seems to be over.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he played attacking midfield which is his preferred position but a particular manager (could have been McLaren) moved him to a more defensive position and his form wasn't as good. Maybe if he played further forward he'd be better? 

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

And Wallace , Pudil , Palmer , Joao , Dave have all improved 

They’ve improved because we’ve played Carlisle over 2 legs and Sheff Utd who are slowly being found out for the L1 side they are. It doesn’t make them good players, we’ve known for god knows how long that Palmer, Nuhiu etc are not enough for us anymore 

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Lad has been taking a bit of stick recently , seems to be the latest whipping boy but I think he is a much better player than we have seen, I really dont think he is suited to be a deep lying midfielder more of an attacking one .

We really need to see what happens under Jos , he may stick him in tomorrow and have a stormer like he did at Villa . 

Clean slate for everyone eh ? 

He was terrible at derby aswel i know he did well at villa but other than thaf he has been awful

I don't think he knows what he is anymore. His confidence was low when he came and now its lower. He seems to be neither an attacking or defensive midfielder.

But he has talent on the ball. Good close control too. Think it was villa away? he helped boss midfield. 

Top three inches problem. Same as Rhodes. 

Edited by Peacenocchio

The worse thing he did for him was play a blinder against Villa away. Everyone, Carlos included then thought he was a defensive midfielder. I'm certain he would be better further forward but if he'll get the chance now is another question. 

54 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

They’ve improved because we’ve played Carlisle over 2 legs and Sheff Utd who are slowly being found out for the L1 side they are. It doesn’t make them good players, we’ve known for god knows how long that Palmer, Nuhiu etc are not enough for us anymore 

Opposition plays a part. But there has been a clear change in focus and intensity.

Guest wilyfox

I, like most, probably get drawn in by what players have done elsewhere. Fact is, Buttercup joined on loan with a view to a permanent switch. That implies he has to earn a move. Hasn't shown nearly enough life in his performances.

More than happy for the club to loan players, but not squad-fillers. Borrow players you couldn't ordinarily afford or attract that bring quality to the team. That's the way to use the loan market; as we did with Fryatt, Wickham, Barkley, Kenwyne, and Marshall etc.

Butterfield is certainly no better than what we already have in Lee, Bannan, Jones, Hutchinson, Abdi, and is probably behind Pelupessy now as well. Rather see Clare on the bench than Buttercup. 

He's clearly suffering at the minute. I think it's clearly either Jones or Butterfield in midfield right now, not both. Maybe with Pelupessy holding it could free Butterfield up a little.

Either that or cut our losses and send him back (if that's possible) thus allowing Jos to bring in additional loans in areas more needed.