New scout/coach?

In addition to being primary, together with head coach Chris de Wagt, providing training and competitions for the first team, Schrijver will specifically focus on the talents that our association has. He is ultimately responsible for the development of talents (o23) who play in the A-selection, B-selection, o19-1 and o17-1. Under his responsibility, policy will be developed to ensure that work is done in a systematic and structured way with the talent present. ONS Sneek is fully committed to the development of talented young players.

Head scouting

In addition, Schrijver will function as Head Scouting. ONS Sneek notices that, partly due to the high level at which the selection teams come out, it is an ever increasing challenge to tie good players to the club. ONS Sneek has for many years a large group of very committed and skilled scouts who scout for the youth department (internal and external) as well as the first team. With the arrival of Schrijver, the Technical Commission will be able to further develop the scouting policy. The starting point here is to identify and map out talents from the wider region and to give them the opportunity to develop optimally at our association. This in a way so that there is a careful way of working towards all those involved and with a great chance of success.

Career

Schrijver has held several positions in his long career in the football world. Hans Schrijver has been a professional football coach and assistant at FC Groningen, the Dutch national team o20 and o17, JEF United in Japan, FC Edmonton in Canada and sc Heerenveen o19. He also worked at the top of amateur football as head coach at VV Sneek and sc Genemuiden. Hans Schrijver was also a lecturer at the KNVB (UEFA coach A-license) during his career, and as head of scout he was responsible for the scouting of Jong Oranje and Cambuur. At his last club sc Heerenveen, Schrijver was employed as head of youth training and as head coach of o19.

3 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Looking at the history of ONS Sneek and stadium size (950), I'd guess this guy must have done good things in his pre-sneek days. 

Its because he was able to get a sneak peak at player i think.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm loving what's happening at our club right now

We're putting together a proper football club structure

I actually genuinely thought when Mr C first came in this was happening - if you think about the pitch, bits and pieces around the stadium, training ground

Then 2.5 years later the other pieces of the jigsaw are only now falling into place.

Did Carlos / Doyen change that path ?

Did Mr C see a quick win ?

Was that never the plan despite what was said at the time

9 minutes ago, CF_Owl said:

Or new CEO?

Was just thinking the same thing

Impossible to know exactly who's responsible for what, but so far the Boogeywoman has been less Oogie Boogie and more "let's facilitate bringing in staff that know what they're doing and building a good footballing structure". My thirst for drama is left disappointed, but my cautious optimism for the future is nearly overflowing. 

Most exciting thing for me is with Bullen staying on (for the time being at least), the appointment of an experienced Dutch youth scout and our assistant manager being well involved in youth football in Holland; coupled with a manager who's apparently got a bit of a rep for using resources wisely, it seems that we fully intend to make lots of signings for younger players with resale value while also giving our own academy prospects a fair crack at the whip. It seems like the last 18 months or so we've been following Derby's failed promotion model of the last 5 seasons by spunking big wages on big names and hoping it clicks. Rowett's come in and made some changes and they look good for a top 4 spot at least. 

Maybe we'll get just as Luhukay next season. 

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Was just thinking the same thing

Impossible to know exactly who's responsible for what, but so far the Boogeywoman has been less Oogie Boogie and more "let's facilitate bringing in staff that know what they're doing and building a good footballing structure". My thirst for drama is left disappointed, but my cautious optimism for the future is nearly overflowing. 

Most exciting thing for me is with Bullen staying on (for the time being at least),the appointment of an experienced Dutch youth scout and our assistant manager being well involved in youth football in Holland; coupled with a manager who's apparently got a bit of a rep for using resources wisely, it seems that we fully intend to make lots of signings for younger players with resale value while also giving our own academy prospects a fair crack at the whipt. It seems like the last 18 months or so we've been following Derby's failed promotion model of the last 5 seasons by spunking big wages on big names and hoping it clicks. Rowett's come in and made some changes and they look good for a top 4 spot at least. 

Maybe we'll get just as Luhukay next season. 

All points to the Manager for me.

29 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I actually genuinely thought when Mr C first came in this was happening - if you think about the pitch, bits and pieces around the stadium, training ground

Then 2.5 years later the other pieces of the jigsaw are only now falling into place.

Did Carlos / Doyen change that path ?

Did Mr C see a quick win ?

Was that never the plan despite what was said at the time

It looks in retrospect that DC decided that getting in bed with Doyen was the way to go. They were there for advice and resources on all aspects of the club and put their man in as head coach. Nearly worked but has left a mess behind.

Cut the link now, our own CEO, manager appointed by her and now might be getting a kinda DOF body by the look of it

New model of running the Club, going Dutch , probably different financial ball park for fees and wages, fingers crossed....