Pelupessy, Matias, Joao

We might have some energy and running in the team in the near future.

The 3 above plus Reach and Boyd give us a chance of playing a bit more high tempo game 

Add in players being a bit fitter and also if we do sign any more this window I would expect Jos will only sign runners 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Aye, and I think I'm good looking..

Yep, just watched the Heracles v Ajax game in full from before Xmas.  My observations of him are based on only this game so take with a pinch of salt. 

Heracles won 2-1 after being 1-0 down.  Ajax currently 2nd in table and Heracles 11th.  Worryingly they are -11 goal difference, so our new DCM might at first glance appear to be not good at his job.  However, after watching the game they don't look brilliant at the back, with what appeared to be poor full backs. So on to our new man...

He covers the ground well, much more mobile than Jones and Butterfield.  He seems tactically aware defensively.  Organises well and in the game I watched it was so, so apparent that Heracles played a 4-2-3-1 and he works very hard at making sure the shape of the team is kept. Stop the video at certain points and you can see the shape of the team from a mile away.  His first thought when his team are in possession seems to be "if this breaks down where is the danger coming from".  Always looking around over his shoulder and very rarely did anybody run off of him.  Mind you that is probably because he doesn't commit forward too often.  On the odd occasion someone did get behind him, he shows good energy and running to get back into position and cover.  Don't expect Hutch style crunchers, although he likes to get stuck in, its more putting the foot in and breaking up play.  He won't be charging around the place hassling and harrying, he will keep the shape and make it very difficult for anybody to get the wrong side of him. He is Jos Luhukay's watchword personified....disciplined.

I'll base a better opinion of him after seeing him in the Championship, which funnily enough might suit him more, as he will be called upon much more.  We may see more tenacity from him.  My final word on that game is this.  The Eredivisie is not the Championship.  As some have said already, he will not get time on the ball, he will not be able to give time on the ball to some players.  Some offensive players in this league will see him stand off a yard or two keeping shape and might see it as an open opportunity to ghost past him.  That's when we will see if he's up to it.  If he's up for it, he could be great at breaking up play.  Or alternatively, he might get skinned week in week out.  This will be a step up and a challenge.

We shall see...

• Thanks 3

Personally I'm not bothered if our holding midfielder who rarely makes strides forward has pace or not as long as he's mobile enough to cover the defensive areas he needs to cover. 

Not really sure how any pace he does have is going to be an obvious injection of pace into our attack... what will be is the speed and direction of his passing... that I am far more interested in seeing what Pelupessy can do.

48 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Yep, just watched the Heracles v Ajax game in full from before Xmas.  My observations of him are based on only this game so take with a pinch of salt. 

Heracles won 2-1 after being 1-0 down.  Ajax currently 2nd in table and Heracles 11th.  Worryingly they are -11 goal difference, so our new DCM might at first glance appear to be not good at his job.  However, after watching the game they don't look brilliant at the back, with what appeared to be poor full backs. So on to our new man...

He covers the ground well, much more mobile than Jones and Butterfield.  He seems tactically aware defensively.  Organises well and in the game I watched it was so, so apparent that Heracles played a 4-2-3-1 and he works very hard at making sure the shape of the team is kept. Stop the video at certain points and you can see the shape of the team from a mile away.  His first thought when his team are in possession seems to be "if this breaks down where is the danger coming from".  Always looking around over his shoulder and very rarely did anybody run off of him.  Mind you that is probably because he doesn't commit forward too often.  On the odd occasion someone did get behind him, he shows good energy and running to get back into position and cover.  Don't expect Hutch style crunchers, although he likes to get stuck in, its more putting the foot in and breaking up play.  He won't be charging around the place hassling and harrying, he will keep the shape and make it very difficult for anybody to get the wrong side of him. He is Jos Luhukay's watchword personified....disciplined.

I'll base a better opinion of him after seeing him in the Championship, which funnily enough might suit him more, as he will be called upon much more.  We may see more tenacity from him.  My final word on that game is this.  The Eredivisie is not the Championship.  As some have said already, he will not get time on the ball, he will not be able to give time on the ball to some players.  Some offensive players in this league will see him stand off a yard or two keeping shape and might see it as an open opportunity to ghost past him.  That's when we will see if he's up to it.  If he's up for it, he could be great at breaking up play.  Or alternatively, he might get skinned week in week out.  This will be a step up and a challenge.

We shall see...

That was short and sweet

1 hour ago, wednesdayok said:

That was short and sweet

Yeah I know but I thought I'd move away from the usual Owlstalk assessment of 'f***ing useless' after his first 5 minutes in a Wednesday shirt or 'the Championship's Messi' after a YouTube collection of his greatest moments and you know, watch the lad in a game just concentrating on him and his attributes. Thought that might be a better baseline for making an assessment.

Heracles v Ajax full game if anybody wants to sit through it.  Pelupessy is No. 14 and yes I know the caption says Heracles played 4-3-3 but watch the game and its quite clear they lined up 4-2-3-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av6LdbchbI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmXiTQYXhHs

Didn't pull up any trees, but tidy enough against one of the better Eredivisie sides.  Young Kluivert playing in that game too.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, a_weishaupt said:

Does Pelupessy have pace?   I gather he is a deep laying midfielder but that's about all i've really picked up about him.

Not sure either bud, but even if he's not pacey, young fit legs full of energy and running will still do us a world of good in the midfield engine room.