Nelom transfer from Feyenoord falls through

No idea what he is like as a player but I had read he was a bit of a hot head, which we could no doubt do without given the effects of that earlier this season.

Plenty of left backs out there. Amari Bell is going or just went to Blackburn for 300k which looks quite a bargain. 

16 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Does his first name mean wind :luhukay:

Miquel is Spanish for Michael, molen Dutch for mill, next signing Michael mill, get your months salary on it (are there any footballers called Michael mill?) lol

Edited by s73owl

My mate txt me, who is in contact with some Gronigen fans, giving me a lowdown on the two players we were linked with...Pelupessy and Nelom.

They were very positive about Pelupessy...rated him as a top player, but maybe a tad lightweight for English football.

Nelom, less so. They said he was quick, but technically pretty poor. Wouldn't rate him as a good player..just steady.

So, based on that, I think we've managed to sign the better of the two players...

43 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

My mate txt me, who is in contact with some Gronigen fans, giving me a lowdown on the two players we were linked with...Pelupessy and Nelom.

They were very positive about Pelupessy...rated him as a top player, but maybe a tad lightweight for English football.

Nelom, less so. They said he was quick, but technically pretty poor. Wouldn't rate him as a good player..just steady.

So, based on that, I think we've managed to sign the better of the two players...

Brilliant, base your opinion on some random bloke who’s in touch with a couple of random cloggies  who support a different team ...... 

priceless lol

• Haha 2

Jos didn't rule this transfer out, though, when Hog Staton questioned him tonight.

He just said that he didn't discuss players at other clubs, when he could have dismissed it altogether.

As an aside, at this level you get either pace or skil, and it's rare to have both.

As Carlito always used to say, it's about pace with the ball.

Which is why we've got a slow team. 

Hitler - Copy.png

On 19/01/2018 at 15:50, Bluesteel said:

No idea what he is like as a player but I had read he was a bit of a hot head, which we could no doubt do without given the effects of that earlier this season.

Plenty of left backs out there. Amari Bell is going or just went to Blackburn for 300k which looks quite a bargain. 

I've heard he's not that good of a player from people in holland.