Neil Warnock on Saturday's game "I remember going on the Sheffield Wednesday kop"

Arguably Utd should have sacked him immediately on gaining promotion and then if relegated reappointed.  

When he's in this mood it's largely all good fun, but you can see the basic flaw in the bit where he says that of the four defeats they could have won three.  Well yes, there's always margins.  There's a lack of self awareness when it's not going well which tends towards the self pity.

I wonder if he ever kicks himself for now taking the Chelsea job when offered it in 1991; or whether he reckons in the end he couldn't have done it at that level.  

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Why does it always have to be the Colin show whenever he and his cloggers rock up to Hillsborough?

fizz him he’s an irrelevant pig.

agree made same comment myself 

we are playing cardiff not that tw@

I always hated Warnock, but I don't know if I'm going soft in my old age or what, but now I kinda get him. I know that he has spoken well about Wednesday on many occasions before, almost fondly.

At the end of the day he dishes it out, but also takes it on the chin from us Owls. You could never fault his passion or commitment and that's what it's all about really.

Also I know he travelled up from Cardiff last season, to attend Steve Adams funeral, our much loved football in the community stalwart and to pay his respects for Steve - credit where it's due.

I'm still gonna shout filth at him though.

UTO.

7 hours ago, steelowl said:

I'm afraid the mentality of the types that wait around the opposition bus doesn't stretch to thinking mate

complete silence would be the perfect way to deal with him  ignore him it's his team that we are playing

can't stand him but respect his ability to generate team spirit out of nothing 

Nah mate what you gotta do is stand right outside the players entrance then get right up against the barrier and start spitting “Warnock you’re a shuffler” right in front of everyone making sure your face goes as bright red as possible then all the players can take note and go “oh look these lot don’t like our gaffer maybe I’ll put an extra 1 or 2% out there on that pitch today for him”

• Haha 1

Seems he is mellowing a little as he ages, never wanted him as our manager, but respect his ability. As someone else noted, when managing United he crossed the line plenty of times: the WBA game being the obvious example. Not really the type of manager I'd want representing Wednesday; United are still disliked by many football fans due to his tenure at their club.

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

He's pure box office and knows it

He puts bums on seats definitely

He's like the Prince Naseem or Tyson Fury of the football world

He knows when he says what he says that many who don't get/understand what he's doing will get all 'riled up' and angry at him so he does it more (exactly like Naz and Tyson did). 

A bit like a headline writer on The Lad Bible

lol

I'll definitely be going cos' he's the manager...or I won't lol