Neil Warnock on Saturday's game "I remember going on the Sheffield Wednesday kop"

In an era where football is rather bland, nice to have colourful characters in the game with opinions. I don't always agree with him and more often than not think he is a pr1ck, but he gives as good as he gets, all underpinned by mutual respect (which is how it should be). 

Warnock Post match statements come into two Catagories.

After a win

What a great game eh. It's a great league this, the Championship, you know. Two teams going at it. How it should be.

What a great match for the fan eh? A great advert for the Championship.  And the refs had a great game today, he's let the game flow. 

They take too much stick do referees, y;know. 

After a loss

We've played ever so well. But y'know, when referees make those decisions, it doesn't affect them. They go home to their nice houses. It doesn't bother them.

But we've played well today , we can't compete with the sort of money Sheffield Wednesday can splash about. We've done well to compete really we can't throw 100 million at it

WTF:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, full fathom five said:

He understands where the line is, really.

Applauding the L##ds fans after one of thrm assaulted our goalkeeper and sang some horrific songs at our manager.

The same Warnock who sent Keith Curle to break Alan Quinn's leg in the derby at Hillsborough.

The same Warnock who was in charge of the thugs during the battle of Bramall Lane against WBA.

Ask Gary Megson and a few other professional manager if they think Colin undrrstands where the line is?

The fact that he knows how to manipulate the media doesn't hide the fact of what he really is.

Don't forget taking payments from players so they got a game. The mans an absolute cretin, I dont get the love fest for the gret pig.

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Seems to have spent far more time over the last few years bigging up Wednesday than he has United. When was the last time he spoke broadly and positively about United, beyond brief mentions amongst his achievements at this level?

Unlike most of United's fanbase, he obviously hasn't forgotten the rank abuse he used to get off them week in week out for at least 2 years prior to taking them up, calling for his head every 5 minutes. Or Sean Bean and the Captain Blade story..

Still don't trust him though. Let's hold off on eulogising Colin until after the game tomorrow and see how the tide turns then. 

Agree with all this.

As odd as it sounds I don't even look at him as a Blade anymore, just a passionate bloke who always speaks highly of us. Easy for folk to think the worst, say he's playing mind games and all that, but he's said the same thing even when out of work.

Genuinely just think he's an old bloke who has seen it all, enjoys the banter and has mellowed a lot.

I just hope that he comes to actually play this year, with them challenging for promotion, rather than using his dinosaur tactics. Last season was just embarassing, they came as a midtable side with nothing to play for and nothing to lose but produced one of the most embarassing, shamefully cynical timewasting performances I've seen in years, they had absolutely no intention of allowing a game of football to break out. Then when we got the goal with 5 minutes left he brought 3 decent footballers off the bench and actually tried to play.

• Thanks 2

It was only a couple of years ago that my brother in law told me Colin had been at Westfield a couple of years above him. I was about 6 years behind the brother in law at Westfield in the days when it first went Comprehensive (1967) so I didn't know Colin was an ex pupil, if I had I would have begged to leave! In about 1994/95 I met him at my daughter's primary school in Cornwall when he'd been asked to open their Summer Fair cos he lived in the same village as the school (Stoke Climsland), should have put him in the stocks and thrown dog poo at him, but he didn't hang around long enough. He must have been managing Argyle then i think, not sure whether he still has that house in Stoke Climsland...depending on Saturday's result I could pop round with me loaded pooper scooper.:stuwinky:

He’s not a blade, it’s all about him, he’s a narcissistic, ego maniac

He would have loved the Wednesday job a couple of years ago. It would have been the ultimate f**k off to McCabe and all the other pigs who hounded him out

4 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I like the fact that I hate the bloke. 

Me too. I'm not fooled by this good old Uncle Proper Football fan rubbish.  I don't boo him or sing about him but I love when we beat one of his teams. It would be even better if we beat them with a blatanlty offside goal in injury time straight after they'd been denied a clear penalty when Nuhiu makes a flying save with his hands.

21 minutes ago, Stoop said:

He’s not a blade, it’s all about him, he’s a narcissistic, ego maniac

He would have loved the Wednesday job a couple of years ago. It would have been the ultimate f**k off to McCabe and all the other pigs who hounded him out

100% agree. He'd have loved it.

It's one of my favourite Blunts moments , the old "He's taken us as far as he can, we need a big name with a reputation who can take us to the next level." .........."We're proud to announce Brian Robson as new first team manager"

Oh how I wish they'd kept Robson for longer.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BRADDO said:

I enjoyed his interview on radio Sheffield when Milan wanted him as manager. "Wednesday need the best man for the job. I am"

It was a bit of a strange time that, it really felt like we were about to appoint him and I really didn't know how to feel - I'm one of those who enjoys the pantomime rivalry with him but it would have been stretching it a bit if he was our manager.

But then if Warnock really was the best man for the job it would have been pretty special results-wise - Gray improved us absolutely massively, if Warnock really was better than him we'd have been in the play offs with a very mediocre team compared to what we have now.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

I just hope that he comes to actually play this year, with them challenging for promotion, rather than using his dinosaur tactics. Last season was just embarassing, they came as a midtable side with nothing to play for and nothing to lose but produced one of the most embarassing, shamefully cynical timewasting performances I've seen in years, they had absolutely no intention of allowing a game of football to break out. Then when we got the goal with 5 minutes left he brought 3 decent footballers off the bench and actually tried to play.

This is why i think tomorrow will be a different game, entirely.

Cardiff are chasing down the top 2, and draw for them won't help. I think they'll come and have a go.

Colin is right about one thing. Players have got detached from the fans these days . I remember being a kid, going to Hillsbro with my uncle, and i always looked forward to waiting by the players entrance with my autograph book ,  and getting the autographs of the opposition player when they got off the coach .   

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Colin is right about one thing. Players have got detached from the fans these days . I remember being a kid, going to Hillsbro with my uncle, and i always looked forward to waiting by the players entrance with my autograph book ,  and getting the autographs of the opposition player when they got off the coach .   

Little things go a long way to creating what we want. No tracksuit bottoms at training. No hats. Certainly no gloves. No headphones when travelling on away trips

Sean Dyche

36 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

100% agree. He'd have loved it.

It's one of my favourite Blunts moments , the old "He's taken us as far as he can, we need a big name with a reputation who can take us to the next level." .........."We're proud to announce Brian Robson as new first team manager"

Oh how I wish they'd kept Robson for longer.

The funny thing is that they’d have  probably have walked the league if Warnock had the cash that Robson was given