Barnsley allocation and price

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 23:55, coopswfc76 said:

Whatever happened to 7K allocations at Oakwell 

We used to get half of that old shed stand, upstairs & down, which is now condemned & has been for years. We also used to get all of the away end. This probably explains the difference.

I dare say SYP have something to do with it too, considering the ko time.

Barnsley Away
Full Allocation 4,069
Ticket Prices:
Adults: £36
Over 65 & 17 - 21: £24
Under 17: £10
Under 12: £5

Wed 24/1 9am: STH w 590+TPP
Wed 24/1 2pm: STH w 560+TPP
Thurs 25/1 9am: STH w 530+TPP
Thurs 25/1 2pm: STH w 500+TPP
Fri 26/1 9am: STH w 460+TPP
Fri 26/1 2pm: All Season Ticket Holders
Mon 29/1 9am: Members/Foundation with 50+TPP
Mon 29/1 2pm: All Members/Foundation
Tues 30/1 9am: General Sale 
All sales dates subject to availability 

Barnsley Travel: The InterCity Owl Departs at 10.45am from Hillsborough or Flat Street £12 Adults £11 Juniors 

Guest Dingle.

It’s down to policing costs, SYP give us a price for 4800 away fans, then if we ask could we sell another 3000 tickets they say yes it’ll cost hundred grand which is more than we’ll get in ticket sales so we don’t do it. 

On 21/01/2018 at 10:23, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Barnsley give you the full away stand , however the bottom rows are always better off. Allocation will be 4.7k and there is no extra tickets upon selling out. As you say they will all go you would think however not in quick time and will make general sale

They didnt make general last season and there was more to sell. Its 4k and not 4.7, and how is it the full away stand if it holds 6k+?

Good post though

6 minutes ago, edited said:

They didnt make general last season and there was more to sell. Its 4k and not 4.7, and how is it the full away stand if it holds 6k+?

Good post though

It holds 5.6k I believe but usually netted off to 4.7k although for some reason we have just over 4K this time so guessing even further netting. I don’t think it will make general actually but thankfully I’m Wednesday 9am so fairly happy.

suprised it starts at 590 mind for the TPP, thought it would be 650/700

15 hours ago, Dingle. said:

It’s down to policing costs, SYP give us a price for 4800 away fans, then if we ask could we sell another 3000 tickets they say yes it’ll cost hundred grand which is more than we’ll get in ticket sales so we don’t do it. 

Thanks for explanation yet again shows the ineptitude of SYP.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

got my Barnsley tickets at 9am online was no option to pay postage of £1 so does that mean we all have to collect tickets or is this free? as there is usually a £1 charge for postage 

Same here. No option to post witch is strange. 

Guessing will have to collect. 

On 22/01/2018 at 19:38, Dingle. said:

So why do wolves and Leeds get more than us??

1 hour ago, archieswfc said:

It's SYP mate. Don't try and use logic to work out their thinking. They're a foookin joke and will continue to be an even bigger joke. Foookin useless clowns.

I just don't get e fuss around this fixture(home or away)..been to lords er these games over the last 30 odd years and hardly seen any bother

14 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Went to collect mine today but they were not ready yet. I’d wait until midweek to collect by sounds of it.

I guess when you purchased tickets then there was no option of postage? me inc quite a few others are going to have to make a trip down in week to pick them up.