A few weeks

Just now, cookeh said:

One thing worth noting.. Jos said no one was back before the last game. Yet Hunt played and he'd been injured.

I don't think Jos is being up front about who's available, perhaps to disguise a potential lineup from the opponent.

You mean unlike Carlos that told the other team who would be please 5 days in advance - to give them time to prepare.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Abdi signed for £4m on about £30,000 a week so far he has cost us over £300,000 a game or £6.3m a goal.

Either somebody didn't carry out the medical properly or his recovery programme is total bo**ox.  What a complete waste of resources

Just now, room0035 said:

You mean unlike Carlos that told the other team who would be please 5 days in advance - to give them time to prepare.

Err.. I'm not talking about carlos at all. He's gone. No point mentioning him imo.

What I said was, don't necessarily believe that no one is back fro the weekend. Jos has lied about it before.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You didn't need Carlos to tell you who would be playing, we all knew weeks in advance. If we knew I'm sure the opposition would be able to guess.

He did have his favourites.

7 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Err.. I'm not talking about carlos at all. He's gone. No point mentioning him imo.

What I said was, don't necessarily believe that no one is back fro the weekend. Jos has lied about it before.

i'd rather jos misled our upcoming opposition than laying all his cards openly upon the table, and i think that's what room0035 was saying too. however, had i not been suited by his methods i wouldn't have posted that he had 'lied', i think the term lying is for serial liars, in this case we have a 'professional' manager trying to gain an advantage (maybe), where as carlos appeared to be just a simpleton.

13 minutes ago, cookeh said:

It is good that he is keeping his cards close to his chest, its refreshing to have a proper manager again in this respect. 

2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i wouldn't have posted that he had 'lied', i think the term lying is for serial liars, in this case we have a 'professional' manager trying to gain an advantage (maybe), where as carlos appeared to be just a simpleton.

swap it for "misled" if you like. I'm not criticising him for it, just pointing out that what he says in the interview is not necessarily the real situation.

3 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

The last time we had this kind of farce on what we considered to be good signings were Phil O'Donnell and Simon Donnelly.

An absolute shambles of a transaction no matter who is to blame.

Two good free agents that at the time looked to be good business, didn't we sign them in the same season and the one game wonder Phil Scott - had a cracking debut against Villa and we never saw him again.

6 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

An absolute shambles of a transaction no matter who is to blame.

I don't know how you can blame anyone for him signing.

Abdi was fit for season after season before he came to us, there was no reason to suspect he would succumb to injury as he has.

The quality of the player was proven. His fitness was proven.

At the time he signed he looked like a great piece of business.

I guess it's possible to suggest something in training is responsible for his injury situation, but lets be honest, none of us know whether that's the case or not.

Sometimes things just happen. It's unfortunate, and with hindsight he's been a very bad signing. Blame tho? Don't go there.

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Abdi situation is a total joke.

It's a pity it's not like real life with footballers - he would have been ill-health retired by now.

It not just 1 re occuring injury his whole body is f****d need to get shut of him some how