What positions do we need to address?

Left back , right winger, right back.

It depends if he sticks with 3-5-2, if he does then we probably wont go in for a right winger but will need a left wing back and a centre back. Also depends on who he gets rid of. Personally I would let Loovens, Wallace, Pudil go. Can't see Abdi ever playing again and we wont sign Butterfield permanently. So we may need at least two centre backs.

• Like 1

When everyone is fit we are still in trouble at LB and CB, so it’s an easy one for me.

...edit....though if Jos sees Reach as a LB or LWB we are fine, so a top CB please.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Left back , right winger, right back.

It depends if he sticks with 3-5-2, if he does then we probably wont go in for a right winger but will need a left wing back and a centre back. Also depends on who he gets rid of. Personally I would let Loovens, Wallace, Pudil go. Can't see Abdi ever playing again and we wont sign Butterfield permanently. So we may need at least two centre backs.

I'm thinking he's going to use wingbacks, that other Dutch guy Niem we were being linked to plays left wing back as far as info I saw when I had a quick glance at him. 

10 minutes ago, Nando45 said:

Centre back 

centre midfield 

right winger 

minimum 3 signings needed in jan 

Agree with this, it may depend on what formation Jos wants to establish but it sounds already like he’s a manager that will change formations when needed

A strong centre back.  Is Nielsen good enough?

a central midfielder.  Joey P

a right winger/forward.  Pace and creativity 

then look at the whole situation again in the summer for next season’s promotion challenge 

2 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

We need to replace either in this window or the summer:

Loovens

Palmer

Fox

Pudil

Jones

Nuhiu

Wallace

Buttercup to be returned as he’s poo 

So that’s a CB, RB, LB, CM, RW, ST

Should have been done last summer regardless of injuries.

Palmer is a more than adequate back up right back , Nuhiu is also worth his place 

in that list need to go Hutchinson , abdi and fletcher 

• Like 1

Take the center back position seriously. Stop taking gambles on players to fill in that 'might' do a job. A reason why man City are lining up a £50million bid for Maguire and Chelsea £30million for Evans. Get a proper center back leader in the team. Oh, and a right midfielder that excites the crowd. Quick and direct. 

Not sure that we need a right winger, if we are going to play the way he wants to play

Definitely a left back though, and toughen up the midfield If it’s going to be three at the back, then perhaps another centre back We already have pace in Joao, Matias and Forestieri, however if we can add one more to the group, that would be good Get rid of the players who slow us down, like Fletcher and Rhodes

Got to be left back (left wing back) and centre back. Can’t believe anyone would look beyond those two positions. Those are fundamental weaknesses and need addressing. Reach may / may not be the answer at LWB but   I don’t want to see Fox playing in that defence again. 

1 minute ago, Walt said:

Got to be left back (left wing back) and centre back. Can’t believe anyone would look beyond those two positions. Those are fundamental weaknesses and need addressing. Reach may / may not be the answer at LWB but   I don’t want to see Fox playing in that defence again. 

Yep. I was a bit meh about Reach out wide, or rather, I thought it was a lot of money to pay for a left side utility player

However, left of a central three, He’s shown he might have a career as a midfield player

10 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

All across the back 4 isnt good enough

JVA will be, i think he will be a top drawer player next season. Lees is good enough when on form, lets not forget we were solid the last couple of years and we were talking about him being worth £15m. Hunt is not good enough end fox needs the hounds setting on him.

3 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

JVA will be, i think he will be a top drawer player next season. Lees is good enough when on form, lets not forget we were solid the last couple of years and we were talking about him being worth £15m. Hunt is not good enough end fox needs the hounds setting on him.

Venancio also. I’m sure all will look better once the new coach gets them organised

Having a proper defensive midfielder shielding them will also help

Right back and left back priority.

Very much agree with box-man suggestions (earlier in this thread) of who should be cut.

Hunt is not the best full back but better than Palmer who despite coming through the ranks does not have the attributes. Pudil in his loan period was probably the most effective but like Wallace and Loovens age has caught up with him and them. One caveat perhaps they were so unfit under Carlos that they might recover a little?

Most people realise we need pace and power, need to stop Bannan playing centre back as he is the worst in the league out of possession, get him further up pitch or let go.

Tom Lees needs to toughen up and get back to the form of the play off final season. Cannot believe people would get rid of Hutch our best centre back, midfielder and right back (is he our only scoring full back this season?)

Too difficult to make a decision on forwards after the season and a half under Carlos where we became a defensive long ball team. The first game of the season highlighted this perfectly , 9 men within 30 yards of our goal getting squeezed and then banging long speculative balls up to Rhodes and Nando allowing Preston centre backs to clatter them. Our front men are often starved of support and decent service.

uto

19 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

I personally have never thought Lees was anything more than a good championship defender, certainly not worth that sort of money

Everyone saying RW, why? If we keep the current system Hunt and Palmer will rotate the wing back role, and we will play a front 2, a winger would be a pointless signing. Left wing back to replace Fox and a centre back so that we don't have to rely on youth too much while Lees and Van Aken are out