Game on

In a way the whirlwind of the appointment followed by the derby meant Jos had a free shot. He did admittedly pull off a minor coup. Next game up was although a potential banana skin, it was against league 2 opposition. 

Saturday could be the first real test. If he pulls off a win then the momentum continues. If that doesn’t happen please keep an element of realism. 

With the squad we currently have available any result is a positive. I just hope the squad can keep the fight that we showed on Friday night. It was such a pleasure to see a team putting effort in and getting stuck in after the shambles we have been having to watch for the past however many months.

We owe Cardiff from their place, proper played them off the park with Fletcher missing a sitter to make it 2 nil and them snatching a 95th min equaliser. 

We would have gone 3rd and been 2 points off 2nd had we not conceded. Then we got smashed by the pigs and our season never recovered. 

Blades result followed by a win vs Cardiff and we may be out of the vortex and back on HMS look upward! 

7 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

We owe Cardiff from their place, proper played them off the park with Fletcher missing a sitter to make it 2 nil and them snatching a 95th min equaliser. 

We would have gone 3rd and been 2 points off 2nd had we not conceded. Then we got smashed by the pigs and our season never recovered. 

Blades result followed by a win vs Cardiff and we may be out of the vortex and back on HMS look upward! 

Only time weve been above utd this season until they equalised:tango:

7 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

That's an interesting point and one I'd not really thought of because our season got off to such a bad start. However I do remember thinking at the time of the Cardiff match that our season was on the up. Like you say though, the Blades loss seemed to set us on a downward spiral (with the occasional up - Leeds, Villa) from which we never really recovered. Let's hope the more positive result against the Blades followed by a hopefully positive result against Cardiff can get our season (what's left of it anyway) back on track. We definitely do owe them one. I was absolutely gutted when they equalised. It felt like a loss. 

10 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

In a way the whirlwind of the appointment followed by the derby meant Jos had a free shot. He did admittedly pull off a minor coup. Next game up was although a potential banana skin, it was against league 2 opposition. 

Saturday could be the first real test. If he pulls off a win then the momentum continues. If that doesn’t happen please keep an element of realism. 

You don't like to give people any credit do you?

The expectation this year should be to finish around where we currently are until we sort all the injuries out and don't get dragged into a relegation battle. This means we may lose to promotion chasing Cardiff. Jos is building for August now I think.

11 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Come on son, crack a smile!!

garymegson

Ironic coming from captain face ache . Merely pointing out we need wins on the board. I’m delighted we have got a better manager , the chairman seems to have woken up and players that were banished for no reason are suddenly back and performing . 

After the mess created by the previous regime , I’m fully behind jos to sort it out