Sheffield Wednesday vs Carlisle United - Video Extended Highlights

I thought it was decent last night. The system looked to work in both defensive and attacking terms. Needed better width from the wing backs at times but Boyd and Butterfield linked well with Marco and Dave. Those two looked the pick of the bunch for me, although O’Grady impressed too. 

Couldn’t feel my toes afterwards and took ages to get home in the blizzard, but enjoyed it. And from a biased point of view, Butterfield looked much more at home further forward and played some great passes. The ratings I’ve seen him and Jones given are laughable. They controlled the entire game until the latter was subbed off. Nothing spectacular but efficient and kept everything ticking. 

Dave man of the match though. L2 opposition admittedly but his touch and guile was a joy to watch at times and the assist and his own finish were top drawer. 

The double sessions and discipline installed by JL already looks as clear as day. Work hard and the rest follows. 

• Thanks 1

Good effort there, everyone seemed up for putting a shift in, in the snow on a Tuesday night with less than half the usual crowd in. That's pretty my favourite thing about the performance. Nobody mooched after 70min looking for an early bath, even with the game pretty much put to bed.

Good showing from O'Grady and Neilsen too I thought. Cannot believe Neilsen is taller than Atdhe, wtf! Get some of those Wallace balloon corners practiced, we should score every time. :luhukay:

3 hours ago, W H I T E Y said:

I thought it was decent last night. The system looked to work in both defensive and attacking terms. Needed better width from the wing backs at times but Boyd and Butterfield linked well with Marco and Dave. Those two looked the pick of the bunch for me, although O’Grady impressed too. 

Couldn’t feel my toes afterwards and took ages to get home in the blizzard, but enjoyed it. And from a biased point of view, Butterfield looked much more at home further forward and played some great passes. The ratings I’ve seen him and Jones given are laughable. They controlled the entire game until the latter was subbed off. Nothing spectacular but efficient and kept everything ticking. 

Dave man of the match though. L2 opposition admittedly but his touch and guile was a joy to watch at times and the assist and his own finish were top drawer. 

The double sessions and discipline installed by JL already looks as clear as day. Work hard and the rest follows. 

You forget that these two can do no right in certain people's eyes. One of them could score goal of the century and he would still have done nothing right all game