Jos is already kicking in

1 hour ago, Almat said:

Looks like we've finally got someone in who knows what he's doing and actually talks perfect sense in his second language Thank God whoever was in charge of recruiting him actually bothered to read the CV this time...:duntmatter:

or perhaps DC told Doyen to do one and we looked at candidates other than their clients

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Jury is still out for me basically as we have only played 2 games.

A goalless draw and cup win v League 2 side is not enough evidence to me either way.

Miserable git!

(I agree though :tango:)

Hopefully the players have already taken a lot of confidence from these two games and while we’re likely to get a blip especially while we still have a patchwork first team, I’ve a good feeling about where things are going. 

52 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Jury is still out for me basically as we have only played 2 games.

A goalless draw and cup win v League 2 side is not enough evidence to me either way.

Yes but the goalless draw was a good result given the injury situation and in having to play 30 mins with 10 men. More importantly the organisation and spirit within the team was very noticeably better than in previous matches.

However, I agree we need to sit back and take stock later in the season when Jos has had the chance to sign a couple of players and when (hopefully) the injury situation improves. 

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Its good to remember Alan Irvine won 5 out of first 7 games when making quick judgements on managers.

I agree

but managers are transient romances this is the honeymoon period  there will be a time when Jos' tenure is over ( hopefully after a few seasons of success) and people on here will be calling him all sort of names  for now I like the sound of this guy I admire what he's done so far with SFA to work with 

It’s early days of course, but two clean sheets is a good start for Jos. 

I like the idea of starting with the 3-5-2 formation, allowing the midfield to be more fluid and give assistance where needed, but it isn’t rigid and can easily be changed if it has to be. 

That yawning gap between midfield and the front men that we saw under Carlos has been closed up. When we get key players fit and back in the team, I can see this set up bringing the best out of them. Bannan and Lee with a free role in midfield has been great to see at times. 

I’m sure that Jos will quickly become aware of the players best and most effective positions in the team and play to their strengths which was sadly lacking under Carlos. Hopefully no more square pegs in round holes ! We’ve seen this with Matias already. 

It’s also good to see youngsters being given a chance along with a place for Venancio - why so long for him to be included in the team ? 

As I’ve said it’s early days, but I like what I’ve heard from Jos and his tactics and sensible team selections.

Hopefully he will motivate and encourage players and allow them to give their best without the obvious inflexibility we saw under Carlos. 

WAWAW ?

28 minutes ago, Blueandwhitestripes said:

The defence is a lot better especially against United our defence out played them completely I was watching Swansea the other day thier defence was allover the place just reminded me of how we were under carlos didn't take the new guy long to make a difference 

ime not siding with CC but they have only conceded 4 goals last 4 games, 2 against spurs who are not shy of a goal or three so maybe too early to judge their defence yet.

Guest RocketOwl
5 hours ago, Brommers said:

"When will the good times stop.

Probably Saturday. Ever the optimist. lol

I must admit even I'm looking forward to Saturday.

Good, solid start.

Will be interesting to see:

1) What happens if we go a goal down?

2) If we have 1 style of play, what happens when teams work out how to play against us, work out JL style?

When plan A fails, I'll watch with intrigue to see how he can change/adapt.