Blooding youngsters

When will the good times stop?

HOPEFULLY NEVER

Welll done Jos

"When will the good times stop.

Probably Saturday. Ever the optimist. lol

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Early days, and I'm not getting carried away, but JL is doing all the right things in my eyes.

The more I learn about him the more I like his style.

Will only get better aswell when he gets him own kind of player in and we get our better ones back.

Looks like we've finally got someone in who knows what he's doing and actually talks perfect sense in his second language Thank God whoever was in charge of recruiting him actually bothered to read the CV this time...:duntmatter:

Edited by Almat

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Two games and two good results

Two clean sheets

Players we thought were dead actually playing in real life and playing well

Blooding youngsters

When will the good times stop?

HOPEFULLY NEVER

Welll done Jos

Reasons to be optimistic!

Jos well done keep it going Mate ,Playing young uns what ever next .Carlos would have bought some more players .Would never have given them a chance .I am starting to get a good feeling about Jos ,Saturday will be a good test ,But so far ,So good ,The unity and most of all teamwork ,Fighting for each other is clearly there .

Early signs are encouraging.Playing 3 at the back has added the stability he claimed was his first intention.

I was pleased he stuck with this last night even though it meant using development squad defenders.

Unlikely as it would have seemed under Carlos it seems to have helped find an effective role for Marco Matias.

That stability at the back meant he could play his more natural game and not keep tracking back defensively.

Question is, will this pattern of play work against better opposition. It worked to some extent against an out of form Blades.

Cardiff on Saturday will be the real test for me. Much as we all dislike Colin, he is a good manager at this level and will be up for a battle.

Too early to say yet, but things had gone very stale. We knew what every interview would say, we knew who would play, the formation and who wouldn’t be given a go.

Just shaking it up a bit and testing the waters with the younger players already freshens things up. It may give the previous first choice players a huge jolt too.

If he does well this season he will have done a unbelievable job because not only did he inherit a team full of injured players , the whole club was in a mess and the players who weren't injured were disheartened .

If he can carry on steadying the ship and start re modelling the side , maybe get a few out and a few in then next season we should see the results . 

It's the first time in I don't know how long it feels like we have a manager thinking in the medium and long term as opposed to the short. How many academy graduates in the starting XI last night, 3? Dawson, Neilson and O'Grady? 

Absolutely no chance Carlos would have played any but the first of those three in that game. Lo and behold we have two players getting their opening bows and while it seems they didn't pull up any trees, they were able to hold their own against some determined League Two opposition. Not too bad for two teenagers making their first team debuts. 

Look forward and not back and all that, but how refreshing is it to have a manager that's willing to blood youngsters in appropriate games... I only really remember that happening once in the last 3 years and we lost that game away to Cambridge! This has to be a boost to the academy prospects at least.