O'Grady and Nielsen

O’Grady was impressive. Didn’t put a foot wrong really looked composed.

Neilson defended well but was slow on the ball and distribution wasn’t great but he’s young. Can be worked on.

Dawson very good really rate him.

Venancio was quality again. Boyd had a good first half then tired and was quiet second. Matias best player on pitch. Nuhiu was brilliant and awful at once  

Been itching to see some of the prospects gain some gametime and extremely happy we've a manager who dosent seem scared to do so, I know his hands are a little tied with the injuries at the moment, but good on and hopefully will be good for the future. 

Just a question, how was vanencio??, was he showing more or the leadership and organisation we started to see coming through in the Derby??, helping O'Grady and Nielson out?. 

I don't want to say this, but we were up against nothing tonight.

So that in turn tells you about what our debutants did.    They did good, given what they were up against

They weren't tested and to me the whole side looked pedestrian against a poor lower league side.   - we need to improve a lot for our next game........

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Been itching to see some of the prospects gain some gametime and extremely happy we've a manager who dosent seem scared to do so, I know his hands are a little tied with the injuries at the moment, but good on and hopefully will be good for the future. 

Just a question, how was vanencio??, was he showing more or the leadership and organisation we started to see coming through in the Derby??, helping O'Grady and Nielson out?. 

he played well in the centre of the back 3 and seemed to marshall the 2 rookies thru the game .......I think he's a decent player and if jos goes on what he see's rather that told then I think venancio will take some shifting out of the side when everyone is available .

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

he played well in the centre of the back 3 and seemed to marshall the 2 rookies thru the game .......I think he's a decent player and if jos goes on what he see's rather that told then I think venancio will take some shifting out of the side when everyone is available .

I was hoping for that kind of thoughts, like most hadn't seen enough to form a real opinion, but impressed me with his communication and organising last Friday, seemed solid and resolute which bodes well for the Cardiff game as we know king pig will bring physicality and no doubt the usual thuggish behaviour and ariel bombardment from a warnocks side. 

Bearing in mind we really only have Venancio that we can call a first team cb available for Saturday. What are the chances of Neilsen playing the right of the three? Presuming Pudil the other side.

Edited by mike312

4 hours ago, fro5tie said:

wonder if this giving the young lads a chance will help in any way to keep Hirst? or is that just wishful thinking? 

lets forcus on players that want to play for the club and not just after a big salary 

O’Grady - 7 or 7.5/10 

Did very well at keeping shape 

Played out a few good short passes 

looked to make forward runs 

carried the ball out 

Unlucky with a header at Goal that just went over 

Very commited to every challenge/ tackle and won more than he lost 

Only thing I can say is sometimes he was nearly or caught in possession when playing it out but over all a really inspiring performance and potential to play as a centre half or a full back personally 

Nielsen - 7/10 

Hes got a big physical presence 

Put in some crunching tackles in good areas winning back possession 

Played it out well generally 

Good head on him too as he could find a pass from a headed interception 

Positional play was very good 

Again he got caught once or twice over playing passes out and loosing possession but he made up for them and got back in and defended the situation well and either won the ball back or pressed them out as a unit

Overall really impressed by these two, be hard if one of them

had to miss out Saturday as both seem like good prospects and more first team football is only going to help that but apart from a few dodgey passes they did the job and got a clean sheet. Anyway plenty of positives to take from

these two and hopefully they can continue to progress and maybe become future players for us