Joey Pelupessy

2 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Or Jos’s targets are more realistic and willing to make the move - I’m not sure how good his transfers have been in the past, but it is clear he has been able to assemble successful teams during his time in Germany. What is more, he doesn’t let anybody interfere with his judgement which I think is v important. 

It's exactly what we were unsure about under Carlos. I had a good feeling about Jos (and DC's vision going forward) the moment I read how he walked away from his last job when they signed players he didn't want.

5 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Seems like he'll be the midfield anchor then out of the 3 central midfielders instead of Jones, and 2 of Wallace, Reach and Boyd will play the other 2 central positions either side of Joey and 2 up top. I like it

What about Bannan?

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Apparently Heracles have said that Joey can go with their blessings and thanked him for his 3.5 years at the club...its on

Though he also said something to the effect "We haven't sorted out the supply and demand yet. We are in the early days of negotiation"

He's made 19 appearances this season so should slot right in.

9 minutes ago, Ecco67 said:

He’s of Indonesian decent just like Jos. Could be his love child? 

He was born not too far away from where Jos was. I'm not a stalker, honest :ph34r:.

Edited by Woozie
  • Haha 1

We need a defensive midfielder, only have Hutchinson and Jones. Hutchinson persistent injury problems and Jones is only ok if paired with another in central midfield. think this shows Jos has European contacts and aware of players likely to be useful to us.

2 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Crucial question - is he a Doyen client?

Well someone had to ask :stuwinky:

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

According to transfermarkt, he is not :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

praise-the-lord.jpg

They'll be waiting for him in car park, smoking a Montecristo under a black umbrella. Leaning on a two-seater Bentley with a ribbon around it and a PU55YM@N numberplate :carlos:

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Haha 4

Like the look of this. A young player with something to prove and available on a cut-price deal. What's not to like?

Love signing these players who are captains as well. It may have lost some meaning but it still shows they have some leadership and motivation ability. 

Seems like an alternative to Jones for me. Someone to take the ball off the defence and start the counter attack and to make the interceptions. 

From a tactical viewpoint, it seems like we will play 3 in midfield quite a lot. In the long term, Pelupessy deep with Bannan serving the strikers and Reach/Lee as the box to box player seems like good balance.

Fantastic that he's been playing football all season, should be able to get going straight away. I'd fancy us to sign a few Dutch players of this kind of age given Reynierse's time with the under 21s.

Looks like a great signing!

1 minute ago, joelswfc said:

Like the look of this. A young player with something to prove and available on a cut-price deal. What's not to like?

Love signing these players who are captains as well. It may have lost some meaning but it still shows they have some leadership and motivation ability. 

Seems like an alternative to Jones for me. Someone to take the ball off the defence and start the counter attack and to make the interceptions. 

From a tactical viewpoint, it seems like we will play 3 in midfield quite a lot. In the long term, Pelupessy deep with Bannan serving the strikers and Reach/Lee as the box to box player seems like good balance.

Fantastic that he's been playing football all season, should be able to get going straight away. I'd fancy us to sign a few Dutch players of this kind of age given Reynierse's time with the under 21s.

Looks like a great signing!

Whats the cut price deal?

42 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Blimey... I know we would hardly advertise being in negotiations for a player, but there seems to have been a remarkably short time between us hearing about this and it effectively being a done deal. Rightly or wrongly, it gives the impression that we're being a bit more decisive in the transfer market. Good. 

Be interesting to know if new CEO involved in negotiations. DC has also always been fully supportive of his manager and the two Dutch links are clearly his recommendations.