Joey Pelupessy

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, Bottler Owl said:

I think part of the issue is that to play that deeper role that you mention rather than an 'enforcer - kick you 4 feet in the air' is that said player needs to be able to read the game but also be very fit, something that the team lacked (the energy/fitness thing) in the last regime. One of the best in the business Kante doesn't go flying into tackles all the time.

If Jos is big on fitness, and early signs are that he is, then I think he could make that role work in this team without having to go for a Hutch type (though I'm doing Hutch a bit of a dis-service here as he is pretty good at reading the flow of the game). The formation change certainly allows for it compared to the tedious 442 we were playing.

Size thing doesn't really bother me. It's more about presence and physicality. Some sources claim he's 5'10"-5'11", others say he's around 5'8". I wouldn't know which is true without standing next to the guy.

My point is... I just hope he's more of a Bridcutt than a Butterfield. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

Size thing doesn't really bother me. It's more about presence and physicality. Some sources claim he's 5'10"-5'11", others say he's around 5'8". I wouldn't know which is true without standing next to the guy.

My point is... I just hope he's more of a Bridcutt than a Butterfield. 

Haha! Indeed.

18 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Doesn't look like a Hutch-type, more of a deep-lying mid with a range of passing. If he signs, I hope he can do the dirty stuff as well.

Need to get this one right. Smacks a bit of Pessy being signed to do the job Buttercup was supposed to do, who in turn was supposed to do the job Jones was supposed to do, who isn't as good as Hutch. So, we'll see whether he can.. 

This is one of the many things that baffled me about CC. I, like you, thought Jones and Butterfield were signed to play the holding role as that is where they have both been constantly played. It was only a month or two ago that Jones said that he had never played that role before he came here and Butterfield also said he is much more used to playing further forward.

I think Jones used properly could be ok as a back up but Butterfield has not impressed me at all. However Jos may be able to get more out of all the players than we have seen so far.

I think the high energy aspect if we sign Pessy will be more important than the tackling but both would be nice.

Guest wilyfox

Conversation

Football-Oranje.com
@FootballOranje_
Sheffield Wednesday and Heracles have reached an agreement over Joey Pelupessy. The midfielder is on his way to England now for a medical and to sign his contract. No official word from the clubs yet (Tubantia) 

Just now, wilyfox said:

Conversation

Football-Oranje.com
@FootballOranje_
Sheffield Wednesday and Heracles have reached an agreement over Joey Pelupessy. The midfielder is on his way to England now for a medical and to sign his contract. No official word from the clubs yet (Tubantia) 

Good news, sounds like the type of player we have been missing and a good age too.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Conversation

Football-Oranje.com
@FootballOranje_

Sounds as good as done 

Blimey... I know we would hardly advertise being in negotiations for a player, but there seems to have been a remarkably short time between us hearing about this and it effectively being a done deal. Rightly or wrongly, it gives the impression that we're being a bit more decisive in the transfer market. Good. 

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Blimey... I know we would hardly advertise being in negotiations for a player, but there seems to have been a remarkably short time between us hearing about this and it effectively being a done deal. Rightly or wrongly, it gives the impression that we're being a bit more decisive in the transfer market. Good. 

Or Jos’s targets are more realistic and willing to make the move - I’m not sure how good his transfers have been in the past, but it is clear he has been able to assemble successful teams during his time in Germany. What is more, he doesn’t let anybody interfere with his judgement which I think is v important. 

Edited by AwokenGiant