Nuhiu 

Palmer

Wallace 

Rhodes 

Matias 

Butterfield  (back to Derby)

Pudil 

Fletcher

All of the above (arguably) are past their best/not good enough so I think I fairly big overhaul is needed.

Jones - Can leave for me, doesn't add a lot

Fox - Not good enough

Loovens - Sadly, his best days are behind him and can leave

Nuhiu -  Appreciate his cult status, but we need better

Palmer - Competent squad player in the Championship

Wallace - Possibly has another year in him? Depends on wage expectations as would be a squad player

Rhodes - He will come good once his confidence rebounds and we find some consistent attacking threat

Matias - Needs to kick on from last night, decision to be made in the summer

Butterfield  (back to Derby) - Yep, ASAP!

Pudil - CB as part of a 3 could prolong his career with us, not as physically demanding as LB, decent squad option

Fletcher - Injuries suggest we should be looking to replace

I'd add Abdi to that list and potentially a few of the other crocks. We cannot carry passengers, they may be good when on the pitch but if not available for most of the season, become a pointless drain on the wage budget.

9 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Sorry to pick you up on this mate. Luhukay didn't make the signings. Their director did which is why he left. See below.

Screenshot_20180117-111154.thumb.png.72302441613a169cb9712c6d2f1f0e62.png

It's all interesting stuff mate, Asano and Mane seem to be wingers which don't suit this current favoured 5-3-2. I hope he gets on extremely well with Chansiri, early signs are great

11 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

It's all interesting stuff mate, Asano and Mane seem to be wingers which don't suit this current favoured 5-3-2. I hope he gets on extremely well with Chansiri, early signs are great

Hope he signs someone early then lol

For what it's worth I know nothing about this guy lol

But looking at the stats, it seems like he doesn't make loads of interceptions and tackles per game compared to other Eredivisie players, but he still makes more than our midfielders in the Championship currently! So perhaps he's more of a high-energy defensive midfielder than a proper anchorman type defensive midfielder... but this is just me interpreting numbers and hopefully someone who knows a bit more can come in and help us all out! 

Point is it's looking almost certain that we're about to sign a fairly young, most probably high energy nearly 6ft tall defensive-minded midfielder. 

Which is literally bang on what I think we've all wanted for about two years. 

Also worth noting that he has started 90 of Heracles' last 94 Eredivisie league games and completed 83 of them, being subbed off 7 times over two and a half seasons and never sent off.

I know the Eredivisie is of a slower tempo and they get a winter break over there, but the lad is clearly quite fit too. Can only see him improving our matchday 18. 

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

But looking at the stats, it seems like he doesn't make loads of interceptions and tackles per game compared to other Eredivisie players, but he still makes more than our midfielders in the Championship currently! So perhaps he's more of a high-energy defensive midfielder than a proper anchorman type defensive midfielder... but this is just me interpreting numbers and hopefully someone who knows a bit more can come in and help us all out! 

Point is it's looking almost certain that we're about to sign a fairly young, most probably high energy nearly 6ft tall defensive-minded midfielder. 

We have, but we’ve wanted one who can put a foot in so we will see!

Guest wilyfox

Doesn't look like a Hutch-type, more of a deep-lying mid with a range of passing. If he signs, I hope he can do the dirty stuff as well.

Need to get this one right. Smacks a bit of Pessy being signed to do the job Buttercup was supposed to do, who in turn was supposed to do the job Jones was supposed to do, who isn't as good as Hutch. So, we'll see whether he can.. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Doesn't look like a Hutch-type, more of a deep-lying mid with a range of passing. If he signs, I hope he can do the dirty stuff as well.

Need to get this one right. Smacks a bit of Pessy being signed to do the job Buttercup was supposed to do, who in turn was supposed to do the job Jones was supposed to do, who isn't as good as Hutch. So, we'll see whether he can.. 

I think part of the issue is that to play that deeper role that you mention rather than an 'enforcer - kick you 4 feet in the air' is that said player needs to be able to read the game but also be very fit, something that the team lacked (the energy/fitness thing) in the last regime. One of the best in the business Kante doesn't go flying into tackles all the time.

If Jos is big on fitness, and early signs are that he is, then I think he could make that role work in this team without having to go for a Hutch type (though I'm doing Hutch a bit of a dis-service here as he is pretty good at reading the flow of the game). The formation change certainly allows for it compared to the tedious 442 we were playing.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

I thought Jordan Rhodes was what we all wanted for the last 2 years