Joey Pelupessy

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

Some of the best defensive midfielders in this division are below 6ft in height.

Scowen, ex Barnsley now QPR 5ft6.

Bridcutt, Forest 5ft7.

Whelan, Villa 5ft11.

Ruben Neves, Wolves 5ft10.

Ben Pearson, Preston 5ft9.

Scowen is the one I really wanted last summer.  Can't believe he went to bloody QPR!

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Well we have been bullied at set plays during CCs time and we saw a team at Wembley struggle against a midfield full of stocky players and a rangy midfielder in Diame so it isn’t a misconception. This is why we keep losing against sides at the bottom of the league and in the absence of Hutchinson players could literally run through us prior to a formation change.

I agree that players who are of a different build can still do it, if aggressive enough. Pelupessy isn’t exactly puny though, nor is Van Aken but he may be signed with a view to acclimatising for next season.

Height is a bonus but we definitely need some steel in the middle of the park.

I think mostly it doesn't have a great effect if you have a team of average build - unfortunately it just so happened that the team we played at Wembley was particularly diminutive, which was all part of Carlos' style with us. He wanted small, nippy, technically gifted midfielders like Bannan, Lee and Lopez, who sadly were inevitably going to be bullied by a unit of Huddlestone, Livermore and Diame.

7 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Read that article earlier some of their fans seem to think we have paid 2 million for him.

Yeah, it's interesting. I think afew of these dutch lads will have enjoyed working with our No.2, when Remy managed U19, U20, U21's...

Van Aken, Pelupessy and that left back from Feyonoord Paddy Nelom where involved. Very apparent that we needed young legs, seems Jos has fully trusted Remy.

Still got a feeling Jos may bring in Sebastian Langkamp from Hertha Berlin. 

2 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I think mostly it doesn't have a great effect if you have a team of average build - unfortunately it just so happened that the team we played at Wembley was particularly diminutive, which was all part of Carlos' style with us. He wanted small, nippy, technically gifted midfielders like Bannan, Lee and Lopez, who sadly were inevitably going to be bullied by a unit of Huddlestone, Livermore and Diame.

Lee is six foot....just saying.

6 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Wasn't Lopez back in Spain when we played hull ?.

11 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Wasn't Lopez back in Spain when we played hull ?.

I think Lopez was on the bench and didn’t play which was a strange decision 

Anyway back onto Joey P I guess if he’s been at the club since Monday there’s a chance he will be straight into the starting line up on Saturday. 

Edited by Southie_Owl

7 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

This is why the likes of Bannan, FF, Lee and co. need to get into the gym and put some muscle on.

Lee looks gaunt.

Gascoigne was a good player, but he'd got that strength in the midriff and that considerably added to his effectiveness.

Foppe you sit at Hans Bredewoud and NicoJan Hoogma at the office that you think it's so good to know that Joey raised 1.7 million, Euros or English pounds! The latter, of course, preferably. I hope you're right because it would be a golden deal, but I just do not believe that! Even though the money at the English clubs locks against the skirting boards, they do not pay millions for a player who has 5 months to go.

Lost in translation?!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Clogs don't mean anything Trevdi9 it's who is wearing them...

Exactly.

And the Dutch, by their own admission, often lack the killer instinct in football.

It's about mentality and reputation too.

At Wembley for instance, Huddlestone had to believe that one of our midfielders would go through him, potentially inflicting a serious injury.

He knew they wouldn't.