Joey Pelupessy

24 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Some want a 6 foot plus powerhouse but if he’s a good footballer, energetic and he can shield a defence, that will do for me.

Totally agree.  Kante was arguably Leicesters best player when they won the Premier League and he's not much taller than 5'5".  Quicker >>> Bigger, for me.  

1 minute ago, Suzuki_San said:

Totally agree.  Kante was arguably Leicesters best player when they won the Premier League and he's not much taller than 5'5".  Quicker >>> Bigger, for me.  

Anything but being signed then never to be seen again

4 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Kante is a complete exception. Apart from Makalele when was the last time a player his size was as good as he is at shielding the defence? It just doesn't happen.

4 minutes ago, MOwl said:

Kante is a complete exception. Apart from Makalele when was the last time a player his size was as good as he is at shielding the defence? It just doesn't happen.

Veratti, PSG... Vidal, Bayern Munich...  Blaise Matuidi, Juventus...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MOwl said:

James O'Connor? :ghoulguy:

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Makes me laugh this misconception that we need someone 6 foot 4 and a 'beast'

Roy Keane was 5 foot 10 and hard as nails?

Some of the best defensive midfielders in this division are below 6ft in height.

Scowen, ex Barnsley now QPR 5ft6.

Bridcutt, Forest 5ft7.

Whelan, Villa 5ft11.

Ruben Neves, Wolves 5ft10.

Ben Pearson, Preston 5ft9.

Well we have been bullied at set plays during CCs time and we saw a team at Wembley struggle against a midfield full of stocky players and a rangy midfielder in Diame so it isn’t a misconception. This is why we keep losing against sides at the bottom of the league and in the absence of Hutchinson players could literally run through us prior to a formation change.

I agree that players who are of a different build can still do it, if aggressive enough. Pelupessy isn’t exactly puny though, nor is Van Aken but he may be signed with a view to acclimatising for next season.

Height is a bonus but we definitely need some steel in the middle of the park.

Edited by Bluesteel

1 hour ago, MOwl said:

Adam Clayton for Boro when they got promoted.

Roy Keane was only 5ft 10in.

Edited by MuddyFunkster

Guest RocketOwl

Hutchinson is also not massive.

its not how tall you are it's the bite in the tackle. Look at Potter he's tall but woeful.

Lee Cattermole was a good little defensive midfielder in his heyday.