Joey Pelupessy

6 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Doesn't look like a Hutch-type, more of a deep-lying mid with a range of passing. If he signs, I hope he can do the dirty stuff as well.

Need to get this one right. Smacks a bit of Pessy being signed to do the job Buttercup was supposed to do, who in turn was supposed to do the job Jones was supposed to do, who isn't as good as Hutch. So, we'll see whether he can.. 

Good post. Think from efficiency's sake it could be quite a canny signing - if he can do the deep-lying playmaker stuff while getting a few tackles in and occasionally driving us forward (note - I'm not demanding that he must be brilliant at all of the above because if he was he'd cost about £80 million :biggrin:), not only will that mean he's a bloody good player but it would mean several of our other midfielders (Jones and Butterfield mainly) are surplus to requirements and are free to leave and free up space on the wage bill.

5 hours ago, barmyowl11 said:

OEIO WE'VE GOT PELUPESSY

OEIO WE SIGNED HIM FROM THE DUTCH LEAGUE

OEIO HE NEVER GIVES THE BALL AWAYYYYYYYYY

Nope - that song is a bit like Palace's "we love you" one, no matter how good it sounds I'll always associate it with an utterly miserable day and wouldn't want to sing it myself.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

It’s the type of player we need - defensive midfielder, he’s a leader as he’s a captain of his club and apparently he is a good egg. He’s also young so he ticks all the boxes. Some want a 6 foot plus powerhouse but if he’s a good footballer, energetic and he can shield a defence, that will do for me.

We have got an abundance of central midfielders - Buttercup will obviously go back at the end of the season and Jones will be surplus to requirements.