Sheffield Wednesday - V - Carlisle OMDT (Cup Replay)

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Followed their "massive" from the train station in the first leg. About 40 teenagers surrounded by same amount of bobbycoppers and a few more on horseback. It felt like a proper away day. 

So, you’re comparing 40 “Youf’s” with the solid 800 that came, I think you should reconsider, from a “town” (not city) that’s a good following IMHO...

Just left. 

Workmanlike and professional.

Two nice goals from Matias and Dave.

Big credit to the lads in the back three. Thought they did well. 

Much to work on (think someone might have to sit Hunt and Fox down and explain the concept of a wingback) but a decent night.  

Guest Copthorneowl

Well done Wednesday 

Well done Matias and Dave

Well done Jos

Well done any awesome fans who went tonight

And a huge well done to any Carlisle fan hope you get home safe.

Oh and who was the captain

Edited by Copthorneowl

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, darklord said:

Well it wasn't the greatest spectacle and the journey and weather atrocious but after four years of waiting I have finally seen us win again lol

Best post in the thread  Imo :CEO:

Edited by Copthorneowl

17 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

So, you’re comparing 40 “Youf’s” with the solid 800 that came, I think you should reconsider, from a “town” (not city) that’s a good following IMHO...

Not sure where you're coming from captain. I've got respect for small traditional clubs who survive on a shoestring. It was good to see a young group following their local team as opposed to wearing Chelsea shirts.

8 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Well done Wednesday 

Well done Matias and Dave

Well done Jos

Well done any awesome fans who went tonight

And a huge well done to any Carlisle fan hope you get home safe.

Oh and who was the captain

Think it was Jones and then Dave. 

Very decent display tonight.

Carlisle were spent after our 2nd goal, but in that 2nd half we played with some real confidence and swagger. 

Another clean sheet, with a young, inexperienced back line. 

The system looked to go up a notch today. Boyd's and Matias' movement around Nuhiu was promising. Fox & Hunt got forward a lot more in the 2nd half and gave us much needed width.

Jones looks a different player. Another strong, dominant display.

Not going to get too excited, Carlisle were little threat and, like I said, practically gave up from 70 minutes onwards. But, I don't think any Wednesday fan could've asked for much more from Luhukay's first week in charge. 

Big test Saturday. Nuhiu must start alongside Joao. 

Nice win lads 

Now let's get Matias, Jones and Abdi along with Reach playing together. They are four class players. For some reason CC tried to ruin the careers of the first three. Reach was always played out of position or ludicrously as a left back. 

We need to dump the zombies like loovens and Wallace. Nuhiu can't play 90 mins effectively, he's too big. But as a sub he may be effective. 

Let's go this club moving. These league campaign is dead so let's have a good cup run. Reading are easily beatable then we are one match from the quarters. 

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

prob missed it but is abdi actually available?  tonight would've been good opportunity for a comeback

Nobody seems to know what is going on with Abdi , how many injuries has the guy had? Seems to play half a game here and there and be out for months at a time ....... unbelievable record at this club !