Sheffield Wednesday - V - Carlisle OMDT (Cup Replay)

And so, in terrible form, depleted and carrying the ills of January into the game, with the bookies  offering 17/4 on a Wednesday win, we went and made it out of Mordor with a valuable point.  One which we'd have more than taken before the game all things considered.  The Blunts have tried to take the mick. Even their offical Twitter attempted banter. They'd be better looking in the mirror though and asking how their team managed to only get two shots on target against us. Despite playing half an hour with ten men. Rather than making excuses and trying to convince themselves that Wednesday paid Wednesday U18 nearly half a million pounds for Liam Palmer.....Pigonomics at their absolute best.

They can spin it out how they want. It was a positive for us and a negative for them.

Jos had come up with hardly any time to work with what was left of our squad. He matched United up in a 3-5-2 and it worked a wee treat. To such an extent the skipper decide to make sure he was first in the bath before all the grubby buggers got in.

So to tonight.

Wednesday - V - Carlisle

No automatic alt text available.

Jos' home debut.  I'm just about giving up the Ghost that we might take on board the classic titular theme from the seminal 80's football show written by Sid Waddel . But just in case anyone does fancy it. Here it is again . Sing along : -

Here go Jossy's Giants,
Footballs just a branch of science,
Head the ball, now Jossy calls...

Jossy's Giants!!??

Depend..able, Reliant
Put your faith in Jossy's Giants
Get stuck in, we're gonna win...

Jossy's Giants!!

No?

Bloody hell. I like it . Oh well.

Tonights replay begs many questions. Will we stick with the same system that got a point at the Stain?  Will any of the lads be rested with a big came against Warnoinks Cardiff this weekend?  Will the kids start?  "Clare is Cup -tied, Snoots!", ( I know, I know!) but some of the others might get a sniff. 

Pretty sure most of the bench warmers from the derby will get a longer outing

Will we see Butterfield in a more attacking role. The one most of us thought we'd signed him to play!

Matias in from the cold?

Abdi! Is he still even here?!!. 

Will he retain a front pairing? Rhodes, Joao , Nuhiu ? 

I think Rhodes will be hoping so as he looks a bit lost when he's on his own up there.  This game might be just what he needs though. Chance to rattle a couple in.

This is how it lined up at their place in the 0-0.

Image may contain: text

Suppose it could be the same again.

The thing is though. No one has a bloody clue!

And that in itself brings excitement. No, really it does.  I'm not joking. Things had got to the stage where you knew who was playing, where they were playing and how many slow sideways passes they were going to make.  Going into a game not even knowing who is going to start starts the debates that fuel footall.

The South has been selling fast. The Cup may have lost some of it's gloss, but it seems that the Wednesday public are very keen to get along and give our Jos a rapturous home welcome. If he gets us through to the next round too then the atmosphere will really start to lifting again and that's just what we need ahead of the visit of King Pig next Saturday. 

One more time. "Here go Jossy Giants..."

Ok , ok. Keep your hair on. 

Don't you bloody shout at me laddy. I'll get Geoffrey round to open a can of whoop-ass on you! 

*Note to self. Check yoot dictionary to check that means, what I think it means.

Right. Well. Seeing as no one wants my song. it. I would at least expect someone to come up with a reworking of some Dexys Midnight Runners, seeing as manager used to be their lead singer. 

Who knows. Maybe the band can do the trumpet bit of Gino and some wordsmith can come up with a lyric?

We've got to make him feel at home. Come on everybody! 

Image result for kevin rowland

Too ra loo ra too ra loo rye aye
And you'll hum this tune forever
Come on Wednesday

Come on Wednesday

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nice one Snoots. (I'll even let you off the 'begs the question' misuse, because I don't need the pedant award 2018, won it too many times) lol

Personally hoping we see a couple of new U23 faces, at least popping up from the bench. More pressingly, I'm hoping for a committed, sensible, buisinesslike and moderately urgent approach to a game that we a) really ought to be winning comfortably, and b) could cetainly do with winning comfortably, if only to help bed in the Jos era properly ahead of the first real acid test at S6 brought by Colin and his Cro-Magnons in four days' time.

Here's to a decent little cup run and a much-needed confidence-booster for the lads, to help top up the rather dusty glass we finally started refilling at the Stain last week.

UTO!

Edited by Mr. Tom

8 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Nice one Snoots. (I'll even let you off the 'begs the question' misuse, because I don't need the pedant award 2018, won it too many times) lol

Personally hoping we see a couple of new U23 faces, at least popping up from the bench.

UTO!

There will be players from the under 23's in the squad tomorrow and maybe one of the young players can start tomorrow.

We're thinking about maybe (Conor O'Grady) to come in for Glenn Loovens sure. We must make the decision tomorrow

Jos Luhukay

Jos's Giants may well be looking to put this one to bed early for a worry free second 45 minutes. That doesn't mean they will like but I'm sure they will burst a gut in an effort to get this one over the line.

No sign of the game being in danger according to Paul our BBCLN Weatherman, yet as I write we have a Christmas card scene at Lodgemoor.

For what it's worth I think we'll have a free flowing game with a bit of something in it for Carlisle. I'll go 5-2.  

4 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Dawson

Palmer-Venancio-O'Grady-Fox

Boyd-Butterfield-Jones-Reach

Nuhiu-Joao

Subs - Wildsmith, Rhodes, Wallace, Pudil, Matias, Baker, Shaw

Wouldn't be at all surprised at this line-up, although I reckon Rhodes for Joao - think Jos will already have been fairly impressed with Lucas vs Blunts, sounds from his presser like he wants to put JR under the microscope a bit.

not bothered what our line up is, whatever selection we've enough to beat em!

Let's hope we keep same aggression and appetite for game

Warm welcome to the new gaffer 

3-0 owls next round, a good cup run is what's needed this season